Volunteer Firefighter Experience
We are VFD (Volunteer Fire Department) based in Blagaj, near Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Our team consists of a wide variety of volunteers including professional firefighters, emergency officers, students, and local citizens. Our mission is to educate the local community on fire safety and prevention along with interventions in natural disasters such as fires, earthquakes, floods and more. We invite you to participate in our training program to obtain your very own certificate of participation whilst you learn first hand some of our skills and training courses. You are invited to volunteer should we have any emergency calls, and will be provided basic education on fire safety and emergency intervention. Some of our other activities include but are not limited to: school education, humanitarian actions and community service. All proceeds go towards maintaining our Volunteer Fire Department.
per adult from
5 to 7 hours
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Blagaj tekija
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Blagaj tekija, Blagaj village Localita Blagaj, Blagaj 88201 Bosnia and Herzegovina
Blagaj is a village-town in the south-eastern region of the Mostar basin, in the Herzegovina-Neretva Canton of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It stands at the edge of Bišće plain and is one of the most valuable mixed urban and rural structures in Bosnia and Herzegovina, distinguished from other similar structures in its urban layout. Blagaj was most likely named for its mild weather patterns since blaga in Serbo-Croatian means "mild". Blagaj is situated at the spring of the Buna river and a historical tekke (tekija or Dervish monastery). The Blagaj Tekija was built around 1520, with elements of Ottoman architecture and Mediterranean style and is considered a national monument. Blagaj Tekke is a monastery built for the Dervish cults
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: NowBosnia, Mostar bb, Mostar 88000 Bosnia and Herzegovina
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please let us know your location in Mostar so we may pick you up. If arriving from Sarajevo please let us know on which bus so we may pick you up from the Mostar station.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.