Volunteer Vacations in Uganda
Volunteer Missions Uganda (VMU) is the volunteer placement branch of OMUTUKUVU Project, a local organization whose mission is to bring sustainable development in rural (off-grid) communities in Africa, Uganda.
Volunteer Missions Uganda recruits short-term volunteers and matches them with service-learning opportunities around Africa in communities where there is no group or organisation. VMU volunteers “work directly” in communities through practical, hands-on service.
per adult from
7 to 132 days
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 7 nights accommodation
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- All activities
- Local guide
- Tour escort/host
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel/port drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Airport/Departure Tax
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Our organization supports projects and initiatives that advance education and employment in rural communities, our mission is to empower people through responsible tourism. The Enterprise operates on a not-for-profit basis, with every cent of funds donated by us, our staff and our travellers, going to the visited projects.
Regardless of choice and budget, we offer very price sensitive tours in Uganda that are extremely engaging. Regarding comfort, we have partnered with several Uganda safari lodges to enable us get their facilities at discounted rates. What more would you really need from an unforgettable holiday?
VMU offers both group tours and private tours to all National Parks in Uganda, including: Murchison Falls, Queen Elizabeth, Kidepo Valley, Lake Mburo, Bwindi, Semuliki and Kibale Forest National Park. Creating your own trip is the best way of getting everything out of your vacation. A tailor-made travel itinerary is like a personal planning service. You tell us what you want (either in detail, or give us some parameters to work within), and then we arrange services to fit your wishes for your holiday.
You are welcome to book our local guide and choose where you want to go from among these destinations; Mabira Forest reserve, Mpanga Forest reserve, Bugoma forest reserve, Kasyoha forest reserve, Echuya forest reserve, Sango bay forest, Semiliki forest reserve, Maramagambo forest and Rwenzori forest reserve.
Departure Point :Kampala City, Uganda
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Dinner in Kampala at any place.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.