Vrmac Biking Tour
Vrmac is a mountain and peninsula in Montenegro. The highest peak of this mountain is St. Ilija – 785 m above sea level. Vrmac is a continuation of the mountain Lovćen, and towards the west it ends with the strait of the Verige. It is located between Kotor and Tivat bay, so it is not difficult to assume that during this tour you will have a wonderful view of the magnificent Boka Bay. Vrmac in the past had a great strategic significance because it was border through the Verige, between the Ottoman Empire and the Venetian Republic, and so today there are traces of fortification objects, built for the defense of the borders. It is a tunnel digged through Vrmac, 1.637 meters long, connecting Kotor with the Adriatic Highway and the rest of Montenegro.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bicycles, helmets and gloves
- Driving by car, minivan, van or minibus from place of accommodation to the starting point of tour
- Driving by car, minivan, van or minibus from the end point of the tour to the place of accommodation
- Tourist guide for biking (English and Russian language)
- Tourist taxes,Travel Insurance
What's excluded :
- Food and drink during the tour
- Other non-program costs
- Travel health insurance – optional
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fort Vrmac - Old Austro-Hungarian Fortress, 4km walk from Kotor, Kotor, Kotor Municipality Montenegro
Trip facts: track length: 45 km, max. altitude: 1000 m,
weight: although a shorter tour, requires physical readiness and the handiness to ride a bike!, ground: asphalt - land - macadam, duration: 4 - 6 hours depending on your readiness, availability: throughout the year – each year (depending on weather conditions).
Very interesting biking tour and fantastic view on the part of Boka Bay!
The starting point is Kotor, from where we go via the Trinity to Vrmac. The first interesting place for rest and sightseeing would be the old Austro-Hungarian fortress, which if you wish you can visit from the top to bottom.
Further along, we pass along a beautiful mountain trail, again joins a macadam road, where by agreement you can leave your bicycles under the Vrmac top, St. Ilija, go to the top, enjoy a fantastic view on each side, and then continue further descending to Gornja Lastva, then via Donja Lastva you will reach Porto Montenegro (optional bicycle tour) and then by quay to Tivat.
For the next few kilometers, the Adriatic Highway leads to the airport, where we embark on a side road that leads past the Island of Flowers to Solila, which is another attractive moment of this tour.
Return to the new road, short turn on the highway and then again via Dub to Trinity and descent to Kotor.
A demanding and fun route for all those who enjoy exploring Montenegro by bike!
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels and other accommodations in Podgorica, Ulcinj, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Tivat.We pick up from ports: Kotor and Bar.Pick up from other cities in Montenegro on request for extra fee.Ports
- Port of Kotor, 420 Stari Grad, Kotor 85330, Montenegro
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/17/2020 - 10/18/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Conditions: Good physical and mental health
- Need to bring: Water, Food
- Equipment clothing: Waterproof clothes, Additional protective equipment from the rain – depending on weather conditions, Firmly shoes
- Recommendation: Take a sweet, energy drink, sun protection.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks are required indoors as well as while driving in a vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.