Vrmac Hiking Tour
Vrmac is a mountain and peninsula in Montenegro. The highest peak of this mountain is St. Ilija - 785 m above sea level. Vrmac is a continuation of the mountain Lovćen, and towards the west it ends with the strait of the Verige. It is located between Kotor and Tivat bay, so it is not difficult to assume that during this tour you will have a wonderful view of the magnificent Boka Bay. Vrmac in the past had a great strategic significance because it was border through the Verige, between the Ottoman Empire and the Venetian Republic, and so today there are traces of fortification objects, built for the defense of the borders. It is a tunnel digged through Vrmac, 1.637 meters long, connecting Kotor with the Adriatic Highway and the rest of Montenegro.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hiking sticks
- Travel Insurance
- Entry/Admission - Fort Vrmac - Old Austro-Hungarian Fortress
What's excluded :
- Food and drink during the tour
- Other non-program costs
- Travel health insurance - optional
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fort Vrmac - Old Austro-Hungarian Fortress, 4km walk from Kotor, Kotor, Kotor Municipality Montenegro
Trip facts: track length: 5 km, max altitude: 785 m, weight: medium, availability: all year around.
We will begin mountain hiking through marked paths, through the beauty of untouched nature, over rocky areas, near the wells. We will enjoy fresh air and preserved nature. Vrmac is decorated with numerous plant species and the beauty of rural architecture. We climb to the first viewpoint with a fantastic view of the Tivat bay, while from the other one, we will have open views on Tivat bay and open sea from one and Kotor Bay on the other side. The most important construction we will see is Vrmac fortress, one of the best preserved Austro-Hungarian fortifications in the Bay of Kotor, built in 1860. By sightseeing of the remains of the fort, you will discover the way of building Austro-Hungarian objects of that time, and you will be amazed. We come to the top of St. Ilija, from which there is a view of the entire bay and the surrounding mountain peaks. We will take a short break and enjoy the heavenly view. From there, we descend to the other side of Vrmac, through the village of Donja Lastva. We will get out on the road not far from Kotor, where the driver will be waiting for us.
Note: The tour lasts 5 - 6 hours + time for transfer depending on the city of your accommodation.
Need to bring: comfortable shoes, sneakers or climbing shoes. Water, food and good mood for unforgettable enjoyment!
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels and other accommodations in Podgorica, Ulcinj, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Tivat. Pick up from other cities in Montenegro on request for extra fee.Airports
- Golubovci Airport, Podgorica, Podgorica Municipality Montenegro
- Tivat Airport, 27 Narodnih Heroja, Tivat, Montenegro
- Port of Kotor, 420 Stari Grad, Kotor 85330, Montenegro
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Availability: autumn, winter, spring each year (depending on weather conditions)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks are required indoors as well as while driving in a vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.