Wachau Valley Kayak & Wine Tour
Running for 33 kms between Melk and Krems, the Wachau valley is the most beautiful stretch of the entire Danube River. Home to rolling hills, ancient castles, picture postcard villages and steeply terraced vineyards, the Wachau also produces some of Austria's finest wines. Your private kayaking excursion, with our specialist kayak instructor and Austrian wine expert, showcases this amazing natural region like no other...
per adult from
What's included :
- Double touring kayaks, dry storage equipment & PFD/lifevest provided
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine tasting of several Wachau specialities (Riesling, Gruner Veltliner, Neuburger...)
- Spectacular photo opportunities throughout the entire day
- Accompanied by a dedicated native english-speaking kayak guide & Wachau wine expert
What's excluded :
We meet at the main entrance of Vienna’s ‘Westbahnhof’ railway station, before a one hour train journey to Melk at the western edge of the Wachau. Once in the valley, we'll prepare the kayaks, provide a full safety briefing and give paddling instructions, prior to launch.
The western side of the Wachau is too cool for wine production, so the hills are covered in carpets of trees with castles and palaces sitting proudly atop many of the valley’s highest peaks. You’ll be in awe of the valley’s natural beauty from your privelged position, right at the heart of it on the Danube. We’ll also stop for a break by the river’s edge, where the shore transforms itself into a small natural beach.
After continuing downstream for a few more kilometres, we’ll take another break, this time for lunch in a small village (lunch not included), before entering the eastern side of the Wachau - where its wine is produced and where we’ll visit a local winery for a tasting.
Return train back to Vienna
After a full day of activity we should arrive back to Vienna around 7pm, although the precise time of arrival will depend on our progress over the course of the day – there’s no rush!
• Durnstein, Durnstein, Lower Austria
• Melk, Melk, Lower Austria
• Wachau Valley, Joching Austria
Departure Point :Wien Westbahnhof, Europaplatz 2/3, 1150 Wien, Austria
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Participants must have prior kayaking experience and be able to swim in order to join this tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.