Wachau Valley Small-Group Tour and Wine Tasting from Vienna
Spend a day away from Vienna to discover the picturesque Wachau Valley in the Austrian countryside on this small-group, fully guided tour. Satisfy your cravings with a delicious lunch at a traditional Heurige (wine tavern). With your expert guide, visit stunning villages and historical sites like the UNESCO World Heritage-listed medieval town of Dürnstein made famous by Richard the Lionheart and go for a wine tasting in a small local winery. Then, you'll see the the Wachau Valley from another perspective on a 70-minute scenic Danube river cruise (May to September only) between the historic villages of Spitz and Melk.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Transport in luxury 8-seater vehicle
- Full-day accompaniment by expert driver/guide
- Wine tastings and local specialties
- 70-minute Danube river cruise (May to September only)
What's excluded :
- Lunch and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Wachau Valley, Joching Austria
Leaving Vienna behind you, travel in a comfortable vehicle to the country’s best winemaking region, the Wachau Valley for a fully guided day tour. Renowned for its quality wines, stunning villages and breathtaking scenery, it is the perfect place to enjoy a day away from the city. You’ll see the whole of the Wachau Valley while learning about its fascinating culture and history and sampling local wine as well as some other delicacies like the valley’s famed local specialties.
Besides the highlights, you’ll break away from the crowds to also see the more authentic and off-the-beaten-track landscapes. You also have the chance to visit the valley's oldest church, dating back to the year 987.
Pass By: Burgruine Duernstein, Ruinenweg, Durnstein 3601 Austria
Arrive in the UNESCO-listed Dürnstein – a picturesque medieval town famous for being where Richard the Lionheart was held captive in 1192. There, enjoy some free time to explore the streets and the castle ruins.
Pass By: Vinotake Duernstein, Duernstein 63, Durnstein 3601 Austria
Afterwards you'll go for lunch in a traditional family-run Austrian wine tavern (not included).
Pass By: Danube River, Danube
Enjoy a one hour river cruise on the famous Blue Danube between the small villages of Spitz and Melk. (Summer itinerary)
Pass By: Melk Abbey, Abt Berthold Dietmayr Str. 1, Melk 3390 Austria
Before returning back to Vienna, you'll see Melk Abbey (Stift Melk) - entrance included during the winter months, a world-famous Benedictine abbey founded in 1089. Located above the town of Melk on a rocky outcrop, this impressive monastic site boasts stunning views of the Danube river down below. (Winter Itinerary)
Departure Point :Vienna Explorer, Franz-Josefs-Kai 45, 1010 Wien, Austria
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Danube river cruise operates between May and September only. In the winter months entrance and one-hour guided tour of Melk Abbey will be included as a replacement
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Please bring a face mask to wear in the van
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.