Wachau Valley Wine Tasting Bike Tour from Vienna
Spend one day in the Austrian countryside on this bike tour from Vienna! Enjoy wine tasting, easy biking through breathtaking scenery, swimming in the Danube and feasting on traditional wine taverns in one of Austria's best wine regions, the Wachau Valley.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided bike tour including bike rental
- Wine tastings and other local specialties
- Professional guide
- Helmet and rain poncho for the duration of the tour
- Transport by train to and from the Wachau Valley
What's excluded :
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Electric Bikes
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Krems an der Donau, Krems an der Donau, Lower Austria
The tour starts at Krems an der Donau, a small Austrian village with a rich history of wine production.
Pass By: 3601 Dürnstein, Austria
Ride along the Danube to the town of Durnstein. With its colorful houses, cozy wine taverns, and historic monuments, Durnstein truly is a typical Austrian village.
Stop At: Stift Durnstein, Im Zentrum Town Center, Durnstein 3601 Austria
Discover the iconic blue tower that is part of the stunning Stift Dürnstein.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Weissenkirchen, Weissenkirchen, Lower Austria
Ride to the small town of Weissenkirchen for a second wine tasting at a small, family-run winery.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Burgruine Duernstein, Ruinenweg, Durnstein 3601 Austria
Learn why Austrian wine and schnapps are some of the best in the world and meander through the magnificent fortress ruins of Dürnstein (King Richard the Lionheart's prison).
Pass By: Danube River, Danube
Ride along the Danube river and stop for a quick swim.
Departure Point :Vienna Explorer, Franz-Josefs-Kai 45, 1010 Wien, Austria
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Spittelau S+U, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Total cycling distance is approx. 16 miles (25 kilometers)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Routes may vary due to weather or other factors
- Lunch is available at one of the local wine taverns (approx. 13.00 euros payable directly). Vegetarian option is also provided.
- We do not provide Electric Bikes for this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Please bring a face mask to wear in the train
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.