Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland Option to add Waimangu, Hobbiton or Whakarewarea
You can design your own ideal day with a full-day or half-day tour to Rotorua attractions and Hobbiton.
Experience the must-see half day geothermal wonders of Rotorua at the Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland.
This convenient tour is fully customisable.
All Tours also include a stop to see the Lady Knox Geyser Erupt before heading into Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland to enjoy a self guided walk around, exploring all the unique lakes, pools, craters and walkways that the park has to offer as you go.
Your options include half or full-day tours to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. You can add on a number of other interesting natural and cultural attractions, choose from Waimangu - The youngest volcanic valley in the world, Hobbiton movie set, or Whakarewarewa Living Maori Village Tour in the afternoon. (A Maori cultural village) or Huka Falls in the afternoon. Make the most of your time in the Rotorua area by mixing and matching the best options for you.
per adult from
What's included :
- Flexibility to stay longer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry to Wai-O-Tapu
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
You will be picked up from a centrally located pick up point. Sit back and enjoy the ride and commentary from our local guide. You will spend the morning in Waiotapu Geothermal Wonderland. Watch the impressive eruption of Lady Knox Geyser and explore all the unique lakes, pools and craters the park has to offer.
Enjoy watching The Lady Knox Geyser erupting
Entry to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland (90 minutes)
• Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Departure Point :Rotorua, Rotorua, Rotorua District, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you want to be picked up from a centrally located Rotorua accommodation at 8:45am please call us with your Viator voucher number so we can arrange that for you.
- Ensure you bring sensible walking shoes and warm jacket
- Option to Add on a number of optional attractions - including Waimangu, Hobbiton and Whakarewarea
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Headfirst Travel