Wailua River Kayak and Hike Adventure
Enjoy an idyllic kayaking and hiking adventure on Kauai’s Wailua River. Paddle down the tranquil river and admire the lush jungle landscapes on shore. Your guide will lead you on a hike to a remote waterfall, where you can soak in the splendor of this peaceful and picturesque spot. Go for a swim in the pool and the streams that lead from the waterfall before heading back to your starting point. A deli made lunch, beverages, pineapple and drybag is also included
per adult from
What's included :
- Scrumptious, mouth watering deli sandwiches (turkey, roast beef, ham, salami, or vegetarian)
- Guide(s) State certified and trained in water safety.
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) i.e. life preservers.
- Double sit on top kayaks
- Water resistant bags
- Walking sticks
- Chips, tropical fruit and cookies
- Refreshments of tropical juices, sodas and bottled water
- Lunch - Please choose: Turkey, Salami, Roast Beef, Ham or veggie.
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
This five-hour guided tour is a wonderful waterfall adventure for the whole family, combining idyllic paddling on the Wailua River and a hike to a remote bridal-veil waterfall.
The Wailua River became the center of activity for early Hawaiians and is known as one of Hawaii's two most sacred places.
At night, it is said that one can still hear ancient drums thunder in concert with the nearby surf The trail leading to our sacred waterfall is a beautiful "greenhouse" where flowers, brooks, and ferns abound. Swim by the waterfall and enjoy a fresh deli made lunch.
The setting for this jaunt is tranquil and tropical, the pace is unhurried. We delight in sharing the peaceful, pastoral existence of ancient Hawaii with you.
Come share the life and natural history of this mystical land and enjoy its great quiet with us!
• Kayak Kaua'i, 3-5971 Kuhio Hwy Wailua River Marina, Kapaa, Kauai, HI 96746-1435
• Wailua River State Park, Highway 56, Wailua, Kauai, HI
Departure Point :3-5971 Kuhio Hwy, Kapaʻa, HI 96746, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- WHAT TO BRING: Sun Protection, Light Shirt, Bathing Suit, Towel and a Change of clothes
- Footwear for a trail that can be muddy at times (aqua socks or tennis shoes)
- The tour is doable by most people in average shape. If for any reason the paddle and/or hike portion is not accomplished by individuals, there is no refund
- Please note: in the special requirements box your sandwich choice (turkey, roast beef, ham or veggie). Vegan and/or gluten free requests can be accommodated. Please be sure to notate if you require a vegan or gluten free meal.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.