Walk a forest sculpture trail to a fairytale castle
A wooded hillside, near to a major motorway is hardly the place you’d expect to find an enchanted fairytale castle, but just a few miles from Cardiff, is one that rivals those found anywhere in Bavaria. Castell Coch, with its red sandstone walls and conical towers, perched on a clifftop amid stunning deciduous woodland is a fine place to go for a walk. This 5.5 mile walk is a lovely stroll through woodland, ancient railway lines and a ridgeway walk with mouth-watering views across the valleys, Cardiff and the Bristol Channel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- Entry into castle
- Entry/Admission - Castell Coch
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castell Coch, Castle Road, Tongwynlais, Cardiff CF15 7JQ Wales
This walks starts by walking through an ancient forest that is home to all manner of carved animals and mythical creatures with beautiful views across countryside. You will then proceed to the fairytale castle where you will stop for snacks. After that the trail follows old railway lines and up over the top of a local mountain from where you will have stunning panoramas in all directions.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Fforest Fawr, Heol-y-Fforest, Tongwynlais, Cardiff Wales
Stroll through these ancient woods and marvel at the collection of mythical creatures and forest animals carved from an old tree by an award winning wood carver.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :National Museum Cardiff, Cathays Park, Cardiff CF10 3NP, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from any Cardiff area location. People staying in central Cardiff may be asked to walk to a nearby pick up point due to the city centre becoming increasingly pedestrianised.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.