Walk Through The Streets Of Varanasi
On this three hour walking tour, explore the lanes of Varanasi with a local guide. Visit the oldest University of India and explore some of the markets of the city. From the grocery and spice market to an entire market selling just perfumes, you can spend the entire day taking in the sights and smells of this city. Also visit two of the most famous temples - the Kashi Vishwanath Temple and the Nepalese Temple.
• Sanskrit University, the oldest functional University of India
• Spice and grocery market at Gola Dinanath, the largest in Asia
• Kashi Vishwanath Temple
• Nepalese Temple
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Light refreshments (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Sampurnanand Sanskrit University
- Entry/Admission - Thatheri Bazar
- Entry/Admission - Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple
- Entry/Admission - Nepali Temple
- Entry/Admission - Man Singh Observatory
What's excluded :
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sampurnanand Sanskrit University, Sampurnanand Sanskrit vishwavidyalay, Jagatganj, Chaukaghat, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001, India
You will be picked up from fixed point / hotel leave for sightseeing.
Take a look at the campus of the University, which is the oldest functional University of India. It was established in the 18th century by the British East India Company as a demonstration of their support for Indian education. It is the only University of India that specializes in teaching Sanskrit.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Thatheri Bazar, Ram nagar, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221008, India
Gola Dinanath Market (30 minutes)
Next travel like the locals. Take a rickshaw ride to the largest grocery market in Asia,Gola Dinanath. The market sells over 20 000 varieties of herbs that are used in Unani and Ayurvedic medicines.
Thateri Bazaar (30 minutes)
Continue your walk to Thateri market that specializes in brassware. There is an entire community of Thatheras (metal smiths) who have been following this trade for generations. The brass items on display range from kitchen utensils to statues of Gods and Goddesses. The bazaar is located close to Sankat Mochan Temple. You can also find ancient artefacts here. The bazaar is open all seven days of the week.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Lahori Tola, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001, India
Perfume market (30 minutes)
Next head for the Perfume market that sells perfumes made in the traditional Indian way. To the uninitiated the fragrances might seem a bit strong but they gradually grow on you.
Kachori market (30 minutes)
Close by is the Kachori (a fried savory dish) market that draws you with its wafting aromas of piping hot kachoris. Try one with freshly prepared mint chutney and you will long for another before long.
Kashi Vishwanath Temple (30 minutes)
After the light refreshment, continue your walk towards the famous Kashi Vishwanath temple. The narrow lane leading to the temple is lined with shops selling offerings to the Gods. The present temple was re-built in 1780.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Nepali Temple, near Lalita Ghat, Varanasi, Lahori Tola, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001, India
Then make your way to the 19th century Nepalese temple that was built by the King of Nepal, Rana Bahadur Shah, who came to Varanasi in 1800 to take shelter during his exile. While the temple was being constructed, Rana Bahadur, his exile ended and he returned to Nepal leaving the construction midway. In 1806, Rana Bahadur was stabbed to death by his step-brother. His son completed the construction of the temple 20 years later. Built of stone, terracotta and wood, the temple is a replica of the Pashupatinath Temple of Kathmandu.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Man Singh Observatory, Observatory, Man मंदिर ghat, Dashashwamedh Ghat Rd, Observatory, Man mandir, Godowlia, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001, India
Take the riverside steps and walk across to the Mansingh Observatory located on the western banks of the River Ganges. It is one of the five observatories built by Maharaja Jai Singh in the 18th century. Maharaja Jai Singh was also an astronomer and sent scholars to several countries to study the designs of observatories. A classic example of Mughal-Rajput architecture, it is famous for its stone masonry. Walk over to Godowlia crossing where you can click some photos of this holy city.
Once your tour will be finished you will be driven back to fixed point / your hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in VaranasiAirports
- Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport, Shahganj, District, Babatpur, Uttar Pradesh 221006, India
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking.
- Children below 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- Name and gender as on passport, passport number, expiry date and country of issuance are required at time of booking. Please carry the passport on the day of the tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.