Walking cultural & history tour: Pearse's Cottage & Derrigimlagh,Guided Full Day
Discover three fascinating sites of international historical significance walking the wild and rugged landscapes of breathtakingly scenic Connemara, with a local tour and walking guide. Min 1 max 20 pax. Available 5 March to 30 November
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance fees into Connemara Cultural Centre (Padraic Pearse’s cottage and interpretation centre
- Guiding services of a local qualified walking and tour guide.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ionad Culturtha an Phiarsaigh, Conamara, Connemara Ros Muc, Rosmuck H91 PW6P Ireland
The first Signature point is Pearse’s Cottage at the Connemara Cultural Centre in Rosmuc. Patrick Pearse was one of the leaders of the 1916 Rising. This Signature point is situated in a Gaeltacht area in Connemara, where you can still hear the Irish language spoken today.
Take a looped walk with our local guide to explore the fascinating history, culture and landscapes of this area.
Stop At: Derrigimlagh, Wild Atlantic Way, Clifden Ireland
Travel on your own onto the second Signature point of Derrigimlagh, which combines two sites of historical importance - this is where Marconi set up the world’s first permanent transatlantic radio station and Alcock and Brown were the first pilots to fly non-stop across the Atlantic, before crash landing (safely) in Derrigimlagh bog. Take another guided looped walk with our local guide to explore this well interpreted area. Own transport for return with an optional stop in the market town Clifden-known as the ‘capital’ of Connemara or take the very scenic drive up Sky Road, just outside Clifden.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Pearse Cottage, Rosmuck, Co. Galway, Ireland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Clifden, Co. Galway, Ireland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Wear appropriate walking shoes and rain gear.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.