Walking food tour in Brighton
We love Brighton and want to share the best of what our quirky city has to offer with the rest of the world! Our tour (2 - 3 hours) is a unique way to see Brighton, hear some stories and also get a feel for its food & drink scene. As eclectic and creative as its inhabitants, so is the food.
Examples of our tasters are homemade cooking, tea, chocolate, beer, pies, crumpets, sausage rolls, cream tea, Belgian fries, exotic street food and ice cream just to name a few. These are examples only. We want to surprise you!
Please let us know about any allergies/intolerances you have before you book. We will let you know then if this tour is suitable.
Bring comfy walking shoes and dress for the weather. Also bring a face mask (and hand gel if possible)
You need to be able to walk 5 km.
Private tours are possible. We can also offer tours in Spanish, French, Dutch, German and Swedish. Please get in touch to check your options.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- A local guide
- Alcoholic Beverages - If alcohol is included, it will only be served to guests that are 18 and over. If you do not wish to consume alcohol, we'll provide water, a juice or soft drink
- Bottled water - There will be no bottled water as such, but tap water is available when we visit a place where we sit down.
- Coffee and/or Tea - As we change providers for food & drinks, sometimes coffee and/or tea are included, but not always.
- Snacks - This tour has several food & drink tasters (min. 4). We recommend you to not have a full meal right before the tour.
- Discounts on purchases in some of the stores as part of the tour
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks that are not part of the tour.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Brighton, Brighton, East Sussex, England
After a short introduction and brief about what to expect, we start our journey. This is a tour for all your senses: hear the stories from your guide, see, smell and taste the food and watch Brighton as we walk along.
Our walking food tour varies as we cover different areas at different times: the historical city centre, arty Kemptown and the hidden gem of Hove. This tour is for those travellers who like a bit of mystery and want to experience Brighton as a local rather than having all the sights ticked off. There is time for photos and questions as we walk. The landmarks listed below are examples of things to see in Brighton and not necessarily what we will visit.
Examples of tasters can exist of: cheese, meat, kombucha, kefir, street food, scones, ice cream, sweets, plant-based food and so on. Brighton is a true hub where your taste buds get spoiled!
We will make stops for photos anywhere you would like to stop.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Brighton Dome, Pavilion Gardens Church Street, Brighton BN1 1UE England
Today the Brighton Dome is a place for art lovers and those interested in music, theatre, creative workshops and exhibitions. But once upon a time, it had a very different function. Join us to find out more. After an initial taster, we make our way to the North Laine through the Pavilion Gardens.
Pass By: Royal Pavilion, 4/5 Pavilion Buildings Pavilion Gardens, Brighton BN1 1EE England
It is hard not to see our very own 'Taj Mahal' style palace as it dominates the central city. Don't forget to bring your camera so you can feel like like a royal in front of it! This is just past the Pavilion Gardens on our way to the North Laine.
Pass By: North Laine, Between Church Street and Trafalgar Street, Brighton England
Welcome to the former Brighton slum area with a lot of arts & crafts, small independent shops and lots of colours. Get your camera ready! Also make sure you bring your appetite as we stop in the Laines for some tastings. Whether it is chocolate, pies, tea or something else, there is something for everyone.
Pass By: The Lanes, West Street, Brighton England
After we have left the Laines, we cross the main street that divides this area and the southern part of Brighton. There you will discover the origins of our city and wander around the little alleyways. In the Lanes are also some great shops and eateries where we will make a stop for a taster. Examples are sausage rolls, chocolate and pies.
Pass By: Brighton Palace Pier, Madeira Drive, Brighton BN2 1TW England
One of the main attractions in Brighton is the Brighton Pier. This is the place to be if you want to go for a ride or see Brighton from a different angle. If time allows, we will get you to our most famous landmark!
Departure Point :Brighton BN1, UK
Return Detail :Brighton, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We do not accept guests with COVID-19 symptoms & guests who do not wear a face mask
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We follow the rules that are put in place by the government as well as the city council. Everyone shall wear a face mask during the tour, except when you sit down and eat. There are hand gels at the majority of the places we visit. Social distancing shall be in place at all times.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.