Walking guided tour Carcassonne medieval town. Shared tour.
This is the biggest fortified city in Europe, and you cannot miss some history details to unsderstand better this magnificient site! Learn more about the Cathars.
If the minimum of 4 participants adults is not reached 12 hours before the tour starts, it can be canceled. This tour can be booked "private" in order to have a guarantee departure with no minimum of participants.
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Private guide
What's excluded :
- Visit of the Château Comtal / Entrance fees to the Château Comtal
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Historic Fortified City of Carcassonne, A61 West Sur la Rive droite de l'Aude, 11000 Carcassonne Center, Carcassonne France
Visit the Cité de Carcassonne Unesco World Heritage listed walled city. A medieval fortress settlement with a history that exceeds two and a half thousand years with picturesque fortifications, over 3 km of walls with 52 towers. Although Carcassonne established its roots in the Neolithic period, it only became relevant as a region when the Romans fortified its hilltop, which would later turn into Cité de Carcassonne.
La Cité is a stunning and unique place to visit. Strolling through the medieval village with its tiny and twisted alleys The medieval charm and detail of this ancient city transports you back in time and impresses you at every corner.
Learn more about this fortress and its history including the Period of the crusade against the Cathars…
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Place du Prado, 11000 Carcassonne, France
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.