Walking on the moon around Teide
On this tour you will visit one of the most popular postcard motifs of Tenerife. Alongside impressive rock formations and through a strange landscape inside the Cañadas caldera, which has been used in feature films such as Star Wars, Planet of the Apes, and Ten Commandments. You will really feel like walking on the moon. Apart from spectacular panoramic views this tour gives you an insight into the geological formation of the island of Tenerife.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide and professional mountain guide
- Guidance in English/German/Spanish/French/Italian
- Trekking poles if needed (please specify in your booking)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
We will reach the starting point of the hike by public bus. The bus trip along the dorsal mountain range allows you to contemplate the strong contrast in the change of vegetation. Frequently you can see the sea of clouds created by the trade winds, and the large contrast between the mass of clouds and the usually clear and sunny sky of the Teide. Once in the Teide National Park at 2.200 m over sea level we hike on a path through old lava fields. The hike offers a a unique landscape of craters, volcanoes and rivers of petrified lava, sourrounding the impressive Teide Volcano which stands at 3.718 m above sea level, Spain's highest mountain. You will observe beautiful volcanic landscapes and highly specialized flora all the time and the scenery is simply stunning. At the end of the hike the public bus brings us back to the meeting point in Puerto de la Cruz.
• Teide National Park, 38300, Tenerife Spain
Departure Point :38400 Puerto de la Cruz, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide
- We walk at 2.200 m over sea level and the wheather conditions may change quickly. High sun protection is necessary.
- The tour ends at 5:30pm in Puerto de la Cruz bus station.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Walking shoes with rigid sole, rain jacket, warm clothes and enough to drink are strongly recommended
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.