Walking tour & Matera living nativity
By purchasing this tour you can visit the Sassi of Matera in the morning with an experienced local tour guide and enter the living nativity in the afternoon experiencing the magical atmosphere of Christmas.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour guide
- Food tasting
- Living nativity ticket
- Entry/Admission - Sassi di Matera
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sassi di Matera, Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 75100, Matera Italy
The visit begins in Piazza Vittorio Veneto, a beautiful nineteenth-century square from which you will enjoy a panoramic view of the Civita and Sasso Barisano, the oldest part of Matera, the European capital of 2019 culture and UNESCO heritage. crossing the characteristic alleys you will arrive later in the Sasso Caveoso, an ancient quarter carved into the rock where you will see small squares, alleys and cave houses.
During the walk you will visit the Cathedral of the "Madonna della Bruna", the rupestrian churches "Madonna dell 'Idris and San Giovanni Monterrone", the Vicinato house-cave furnished as an ancient dwelling of the Materan peasant civilization that illustrates the uses and customs of our ancestors.
The tour will end with a tasting of the delicious Matera bread, wine and other typical products.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Matera, Matera, Province of Matera, Basilicata
In the afternoon you will visit the Living Nativity
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 39, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour is guaranteed on minimum 2 partecipants
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- if the secutity distance can't be respected you should wear the face mask
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.