Walking Tour around Venetian Hvar
Do you know that Hvar was once part of Venetian kingdom? Let’s discover that together! The best to start the walk from the fortress- citadel on a hill above the old town of Hvar. Do you know that it was built in the time of Venice? This fortress dominates over the city and the panorama view from it is just breathtaking. From there you can take the steep stairway passing through the Porta di Datallo, head down to Hvar Town’s main square. Here we start from the church of St. Anthony, which was built during the Venetian rule. It has a distaff-styled baroque bell tower. Impressive, isn’t it? Then the theatre on the first floor of Hvar town arsenal. And monastery, where you can see exquisite works of high renaissance art by the Venetian painters Palma Junior and Francesco Santacroce. End your walk in Hvar’s Loggia, beautiful piece of renaissance architecture. It was once part of the Venetian governor’s palace.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- The fortress- citadel on a hill above the old town of Hvar, stairway passing through the Porta di Datallo, head down to Hvar Town’s main square, the church of St. Anthony, the theatre, town arsenal, monastery, Hvar’s Loggia
Departure Point :Hvar, Croatia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.