Walking tour Hanging church and old Cairo
At this tour you are going to discover the old part from the city , you will back by the history about 1800 years ago.
you will meet your guide at Down Town Cairo , or Metro station then you will start to Explore the ancient part from the city.
Old Cairo is a relatively small area but it is rich with history. Also known as Coptic Cairo, and Masr al-Qadima to the locals, it has been inhabited since the 6th century BC. It has been a Roman fort protecting trade routes, a Christian city from around the 5th century AD, a Muslim army camp from 641 AD, then Egypt's capital city until yet another conquest in the 10th century.
The main interest these days is in its role as Coptic Cairo. The narrow cobbled streets contain the Religious Compound, full of churches including the Hanging Church, the oldest synagogue in Egypt, the remains of the Roman fortress, and the Coptic Museum. Just northeast is the site of ancient Fustat which contains the oldest mosque, Amr Ibn al-Aas
per adult from
1 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Professional guide
- Professional photographer guide
- Entry/Admission - ميدان التحرير
- Entry/Admission - Coptic Cairo
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: ميدان التحرير, eltahrir sqair, قصر الدوبارة، عابدين، محافظة القاهرة، Egypt
we will start from down town by using metro or public transportations to old Cairo, then we will start our tour
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Coptic Cairo, Cairo Egypt
visiting the hanging church , abu serga church , synagogue of Ebn Ezra , and mosque of Amr ibn al Ass
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :El-Tahrir Square, Qasr Ad Dobarah, Qasr El Nil, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is formal ( we may go to holly places , for ladies please wear long dress and cover your hair
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.