Walking tour in Faubourg Saint Antoine
I propose you to discover the old artisan and worker heart of Paris.
A district born in the Middle Ages outside the walls of the town but which greatly contributed to forge its destiny.
Here the history of Paris was written, not the History of kings and queens, but that of workers.
Here won't admire the great monuments or the large boulevards, but small, old shops and narrow, twisted alleys.
Come and discover the Paris you don't expect!
We'll start our tour in Place de la Bastille, emblem of the French Revolution, where we will tell the true story and refute false myths. Then it's off for a 2-hour stroll through the heart of the Saint Antoine district and its secret passages.
Small detour in the district of Aligre to visit its market and its ancient shops.
We will end with a walk between Viaduc des Arts and Coulée Verte to admire the Made in Paris handicrafts and the rooftops from the top of a hanging garden.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Place de la Bastille 75011, 75011 Paris France
Place de la Bastille: we'll recreate with our imagination what is no longer there (the Bastille and the Charles V enclosure)
Pass By: Rue du Faubourg Saint-Antoine, 75012 Paris France
Rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine: the street of carpenters and breweries.
Pass By: Square Trousseau, 2 rue Antoine Vollon, 75012 Paris France
Pass By: Marche d'Aligre, Place d'Aligre, 75011 Paris France
The Aligre market and its historical shops
Pass By: 1 Coulee Verte Rene-Dumont Gare de Lyon - Bercy, 75012 Paris France
The Viaduc des Arts: the Made in Paris craftsmen
Pass By: Viaduc des Arts, 1 au 129 avenue Daumesnil, 75012 Paris France
La Coulée Verte: an old railway line transformed into a hanging garden.
Departure Point :3 Place de la Bastille, 75004 Paris, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.