Walking tour in Lipari center
We walk for 1h30 following a path that goes from the archaeological area of the Castle through the small and narrow alleys of the town to the marina of Marina Corta, to discover the traditional areas and little-known neighborhoods, characteristic of the Aeolian culture. We will conclude the experience by tasting a glass of Malvasia near the sea.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - A taste of Malvasia (the typical Aeolian liqueur wine) will be offered at the end of the tour.
- Entry/Admission - Cattedrale di San Bartolomeo
- Entry/Admission - Lipari Amphitheatre
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cattedrale di San Bartolomeo, Via Castello 3, 98055, Sicily Italy
Lipari Castle, consisting of a set of buildings built on top of a large volcanic rock. It is located about 50 meters above sea level, with sheer walls overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea, a factor that has constituted a natural defense against attacks from the sea.
The archaeologist Luigi Bernabò Brea, starting from the 1950s, conducted numerous excavations that revealed a layer of deposits, over 10 meters thick, which allowed the reconstruction of the archaeological complex. The excellent conservation of the materials is due to the volcanic ash that covered them, and deposited by the nearby Stromboli and Vulcano.
Until the eighteenth century, the community of citizens of Lipari lived within the walls of the castle and although there are no traces of private homes, several churches remain standing and well preserved. Among these, the imposing Cathedral of San Bartolomeo is located right in the center of the hill and is surrounded by archaeological ruins ... and to see absolutely the ancient Norman cloister of incomparable beauty.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Lipari Amphitheatre, Via Castello, 98050, Sicily Italy
Inside the Archaeological area of the Castle
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Via Giuseppe Garibaldi, 2, 98050 Lipari ME, Italy
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Piazza di Marina Corta, 98050 Lipari ME, Italy
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.