Walking tour of Kathmandu with awesome local guides
Walking tour of Kathmandu takes you to the heart of the city like Ason, the oldest market-place in Kathmandu City, then to the UNESCO World Heritage Site - Kathmandu Durbar Square, where you will visit several temples, palaces, museum, square. In fact, Kathmandu Durbar Square is the old royal seat and residence of the kings of Nepal from the earlier period from where they ruled the country. So, you can find age-old palaces, squares here.
Closer to Kathmandu Durbar Square is the Buddhist Stupa of Swoyambhunath located atop a hill and commands panoramic view of the Kathmandu Valley and the surrounding mountains. Tourist popularly call it as 'Monkey Temple' due to many monkeys residing at it's forested area. All in all, the tour is to locally experience Kathmandu and visit to two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swoyambhunath 'Monkey Temple'.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Licensed Tour guide
- Mineral Water
What's excluded :
- Monuments entrance fees
- Any transfers/taxi fares
- Tips & Gratuities
- Entry/Admission - Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Entry/Admission - Swayambhunath Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Kathmandu Durbar Square
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Swayambhunath Temple, Swayamhu Circle Road, Kathmandu 44620 Nepal
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Thamel, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
We pick up from Thamel or surrounding area.
Pass By: Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Kathmandu Valley, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
Walking tour of Kathmandu, Nepal
Pass By: Kathmandu Valley, Kathmandu Valley, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
Walking tour of Kathmandu Valley
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your location in Thamel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour is bookable round the year and suitable for any age-group who wish to explore Kathmandu locally.
- Walking hours/tour duration depends upon individuals.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.