Walking Tour of La Paz
La Paz, the highest capital in the world has a lot to discover. Just by going on this tour you will encounter local culture as you never ever seen it before!
per adult from
What's included :
- Cable car
- Local guide
- Local transport
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Plaza Murillo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza Murillo, La Paz Bolivia
Meeting point at the main plaza of La Paz. Starting early in the Bolivian high lands gives us a chance to get acquainted with some local customs. The main plaza is very important for all La Paz people it tells us history of war, blood, wealth and nature. After the main plaza it's time to get some delicious local food. This tasty treat is the so called mid-morning Bolivian snack that everyone will cry for after leaving this country!
On our way to San Pedro prison the guide will give some insights about why San Pedro is part of our tour and why we go visit the jail “from the outside”. On our way we shall see some markets that definitely will catch your eye. On this markets there are lots of things you should and shouldn’t eat but, locals do.
Did you know how many kinds of potatoes there are in the Andes? Come and let´s find it out on the potato street. This street is also known for the dehydrated varieties sold and because of the many uses of them in local cuisine. Right after this, we´ll have some chance to have local fruit at the local fruit market, this is a great chance to find unknown fruit.
Now it is time to get the local transportation that shall get us to the non-listed-in-any-guide-book lookout point. From this very point there are stunning views and great chances for cool pictures.
The we take again a local transport that will lead us to our local witches market which is located in a hidden part of La Paz and that will surely surprises you!
On the way back to downtown we shall visit a different and unique market in which you might want buy stuff to take home. This is a local market that displays all clothing brands but made in Bolivia.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Plaza Murillo, Socabaya, La Paz, Bolivia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.