Walking Tour Of Mehrauli With Lunch - Delhi
On this half-day tour explore Mehrauli, one of the seven ancient cities that were a part of Delhi. Situated in the south-west of New Delhi, the archaeological site of Mehrauli has over 440 monuments that date from the 10th to the 19th century. Walk through this treasure trove of ancient monuments with a local guide who will tell you the tales of a bygone era.
• Hauz-e-Shamsi, a 13th century water reservoir
• Jahaz Mahal or the Ship Palace
• Zafar Mahal, the last monument to be built by the mighty Mughals
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Hauz i Shamsi
- Entry/Admission - Ship Palace (Jahaz Mahal)
- Entry/Admission - Zafar Mahal
- Entry/Admission - Qutbuddin Bakhtiar Kaki
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Camera usage fees in historic sites
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hauz i Shamsi, Mehrauli Village, New Delhi 110002 India
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Mehrauli.
With your guide explore some of the most famous monuments of this area that span a period of almost a thousand years. These monuments include forts, palaces, tombs, havelis (mansions), shrines for gods and mystics, rest houses and water tanks.
Visit Hauz-i-Shamsi, a water reservoir built by the Mamluk Emperor Shams-ud-din Iltutmish in 1230 A.D. The location of the reservoir was revealed to the Emperor by Prophet Muhammad in a dream. At the edge of the reservoir is the tomb of the 17th century Persian writer, Abdul Haqq Dehlavi.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ship Palace (Jahaz Mahal), Mandu India
On the eastern side of the reservoir lies a spectacular palace, whose reflection in the surrounding reservoir resembles a ship that led to it being named as the 'Ship Palace' or Jahaz Mahal. The palace is the venue of a three-day festival - the Phoolon Walon ki Sair (the procession of florists) that takes place to date.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Zafar Mahal, Mehrauli Village, New Delhi 110030 India
The walk ends at Zafar Mahal, the last monument to be built in the fading years of the Mughal Empire. Bahadur Shah Zafar, the last Mughal Emperor, had intended to be buried within the precincts of this palace. This could not be as the Emperor was exiled to Burma by the British, where he died.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Qutbuddin Bakhtiar Kaki, New Delhi India
Next to the palace is the shrine of Qutubuddin Bakhtiyar Kaki, the patron saint of Delhi.
At the end of the tour, enjoy lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant.
After lunch you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.