Walking tour of Pushkar
On this three-hour tour visit the holy sites of Pushkar that are situated around Lake Pushkar, the center of the town. One of the oldest towns of India, Pushkar is a major pilgrimage site for Hindus and Sikhs. Visit a Gurdwara (Sikh Temple) and the only temple in the world that is dedicated to the Hindu God Brahma, considered to be the Creator of the Universe.
• Visit to a Sikh Gurdwara (temple)
• The only temple in the world dedicated to the Hindu God Brahma
• Lake Pushkar and the temples around it
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ganahera Brahma Temple Rd, Pushkar 305022 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Pushkar and taken first to a Gurdwara. Take part in the prayers and observe the priest as he reads out loud from the Guru Granth Sahib, the holy book of the Sikhs.
Next visit the Brahma Temple, made of marble and decorated with silver coins. A marble statue of the Sun God stands guard at the entrance to the temple.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pushkar Lake, Pushkar, Rajasthan 305022
There are several other 18th century temples that are situated around the lake. Take part in a ceremony which pays homage to one’s forefathers at the holy Lake Pushkar along with a traditional Indian fire ritual called ‘havan’.
Then walk around the nearby bazaars and take a look at the colorful wares on display. You will find a host of items from perfumes and trinkets to articles used in religious prayers and offerings. Pushkar is famous for its rose cultivation and is also known as the ‘Rose Garden of Rajasthan’. You might want to pick up a bottle of the famous rose perfume. There are also specialized shops that sell fabrics for the ubiquitous Rajasthani turban. The friendly storekeepers will gladly help you tie one around your head.
At the end of the tour, enjoy brunch (own expense) at a local restaurant.
After brunch you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Pushkar, Rajasthan, India
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.