Walking Tour of The Historic Garrison and its Museum - A Military Story
Are you craving a historical military-based adventure in Barbados? Have you ever wondered what military life was like during the colonial period? Then boy have I got a story for you!
I was here to defend this gem of an island and it was nothing like what I would have expected as a soldier. My story is bittersweet, but nonetheless, has to be told. I want to tell you about the prison and the walk of shame I had to endure. About the services offered around the “Savannah” and all the joys that can be drawn from this area despite the hardships that have made it what it is.
Join me by the Barbados Museum and Historical Society for a culturally rich journey into history. On this intriguing walking tour, I will show you the Garrison I lived in. The changes it has undergone. All the while paying homage to me by preserving my legacy.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Personal audio device to hear the guide clearly
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Barbados Museum & Historical Society
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barbados Museum & Historical Society, 7 Highway St. Ann’s Garrison, St. Michael, Bridgetown Barbados
We will have a semi guided tour of this space
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: George Washington House, Bush Hill, Garrison Barbados
We will share the story of George Washington
Pass By: Barbados Turf Club, The Garrison Savannah World Heritage Site, Bridgetown Barbados
We share the story of the Grand Stand and surrounding areas.
Departure Point :Barbados Museum & Historical Society, Dalkeith Road, Bridgetown, Barbados
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Availability for tours cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of tour availability
- Subject to favorable weather conditions, If canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Our tour is outdoors and indoors. We encourage you to wear your masks at all times. The audio equipment can be heard safely from a distance, therefore physical distancing is easily achieved. Please bring your own sanitizer for reapplication.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.