Walking Tour of the Plaza de Mayo in Buenos Aires
Visit the incredible history of May Square and its surroundings. This spot may be the most important one in the ranking of important spots of Buenos Aires, it´s where everything happens from millions marches to the biggest celebrations such as the Argentinean Centennial or Bicentennial. It is also where everything started for this country, so come and join us to learn about this amazing history filled place.
Languages Offered: Spanish & English
We are granted by the safe travel seal of World Travel & Tourism Council.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Local Guide
- Walking Tour
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza de Mayo, Av. Hipolito Yrigoyen S/N, Buenos Aires Argentina
The May Square is located in the Porteño Downtown, neighborhood of Monserrat, in the area where the foundation of Buenos Aires took place. The Plaza de Mayo is the most important and oldest public square of the city. The name of this square commemorates the Revolution of May 25, 1810, date in which the citizens gathered around to expel the Viceroy and form a creole government. Since then, the Square has been a silent witness to the most important political and social events in the country.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Catedral Primada, San Martin 27, Buenos Aires C1004AAA Argentina
The Metropolitan Cathedral of Buenos Aires, can be found in the San Nicolas neighborhood, just in front of the Plaza de Mayo and a few steps from the Casa Rosada.
The construction of this famous temple began in the seventeenth century and just ended at the beginning of the 20th century.
However, in the end, there is no doubt that the current one, is an ideal temple to be the main house of God in Argentina.
As an interesting fact, it is that this was precisely the place where today Pope Francis, developed many years of his life and work.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Cabildo, Calle Gral Simon Bolivar 65, Buenos Aires C1066AAA Argentina
In front of the Plaza de Mayo, to the west, between Avenida de Mayo and Diagonal Sur, or General Roca Street, is the Cabildo. This historic building was created in colonial times, as the seat of government that represented the Crown, imitating the institutions of the Metropolis.
Stop At: Avenida de Mayo, Buenos Aires Argentina
The Avenida de Mayo preserves all the splendor of the past, showing the whole world the energetic and cosmopolitan character of the city.
Its buildings preserve a striking mix of facades with Art Nouveau, Belle Époque and Art Déco styles, which make up a complete sample of architecture. The Barolo Palace and the Real Estate Building are the two most important examples of its greatness.
Avenida de Mayo has been and is one of the most important avenues of the city, so it is usually the scene of most of the demonstrations and celebrations of Buenos Aires citizens.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Bolívar 160, C1066 CABA, Argentina
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- In addition to the security measures taken by the company we encourage passengers to take note of the symptoms caused by COVID-19 and to always be conscious of sanitization and prevention (please ask for further assistance).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.