Walking Tour Urban Expressions and Gardens of Ancon Hill
We planned this route to show you multiple faces of Panama day to day life and different periods of our history development:
We walk up from the bay and hussling city neighborhoods, San Felipe and Calidonia, to the natural reserve of Ancon where we can reach 200 meters above sea level for unique panoramic views of Panama Canal Zone and Panama bay.
We start off from San Felipe walking by Ave. B popular market street to meet the colorful shops and walls that remain from the latest mural art festivals.
As we pass by Calidonia we can taste some of the season fresh fruits and snacks as we will find many street vendors and food kiosks around here.
We'll see different monuments and tell you all about the events that took place in this old border line between Panama and US Panama Canal Zone.
As we enter Ancon area natural reserve there are opportunities to meet tropical flora and small animals such as agouti, tamarin monkeys, sloth and toucans and raptor birds among others.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza V Centenario, Calle Pablo Arosemena y Ave. Eloy Alfaro, Panamá, Panama
Plaza V Centenario offers a panoramic view from Panama city skyline, the bay, Casco Antiguo and Ancon hill.
There's a red bridge where our accredited guide will meet you for introduction and start off the walking tour, you will locate her wearing a red hat.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Plaza 5 De Mayo, Panama City, Panama
After walking Avenida B and Central street markets where we check out some shops and the art murals we'll be stopping by this monuments area where our accredited tour guide will narrate local historical events of great importance for Panama which happened here.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Ancon Hill, Panama City, Panama
Natural reserve area with a paved road all the way to the top, where there are many opportunities to meet tropical flora and small animals, also unique panoramic views of Panama city, the bay and even Panama Canal Zone.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Mi Pueblito, Off Avenida de Los Martires, Panama City Panama
We pass by the touristic center which replicates afro antillean and colonial spanish towns for visitors to meet a bit of the cultural legacies.
Departure Point :Plaza V Centenario, Calle Pablo Arosemena y Ave. Eloy Alfaro, Panamá, Panama
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/29/2019 - 10/24/2021
Monday: 07:00 AM - 10:00 AM Saturday: 06:30 AM - 09:30 AM Sunday: 06:30 AM - 09:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.