Walking Tour Vatican Museums or Colosseum Skip-the-Line
Great small-group walking Tour. Enjoy Skip-The-Line fast access tickets and dedicated expert local tour guide.
• Vatican option with Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St.Peter's Basilica.
• Colosseum option with Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
Skip-The-Line Tickets with fast access included.
• Walk amongst the incredible ancient roman ruins as our friendly expert licensed tour guide tells you of the glory and the drama of the Roman Empire.
• Discover the Vatican Museums. Navigate the vast complex of rooms, artwork, and history with an Expert Tour
per adult from
What's included :
- Dedicated Professional licensed expert tour guide 3 hours walking tour each option
- Vatican option: Skip-The-Line Fast Access Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
- Colosseum option: Skip-The-Line Fast Entrance to Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and dropoff, Food and drinks
- Tipping is not included in our service fees, It is never mandatory although it is always appreciated
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
VATICAN OPTION: You will meet your tour guide, with a sign with our company's name "ItalyBestExcursions" on the top: In front the Vatican Museums Entrance Close by the BAR "Caffè Vaticano" on "Viale Vaticano" road.
Discover the Vatican on a tour of St. Peter’s Basilica, Sistine Chapel, and the Vatican Museums. Navigate the vast complex of rooms, artwork, and history with an Expert Tour Guide in a small group. Enjoy priority access entrance, and tour the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica.
Follow your tour guide directly inside the vast collection of private artwork that is the Vatican Museums. Walk through the Gallery of the Maps and Gallery of Tapestries as you listen to tales of Vatican intrigue.
Vatican Museums will include: • Courtyard of Pigna • Octagonal Courtyard • Pio Clementino Museum • Gallery of Animals • Gallery of Muses • Rotonda Gallery • Candelabra Gallery • Tapestry Museum • Gallery of the Maps • Rooms of Raffaello. The Sistine Chapel is a chapel in the Apostolic Palace, the official residence of the pope, in Vatican City.Tthe chapel takes its name from Pope Sixtus IV. Today, it is the site of the papal conclave, the process by which a new pope is selected. The fame of the Sistine Chapel lies mainly in the frescos that decorate the interior, most particularly the Sistine Chapel ceiling and The Last Judgment by Michelangelo.
St. Peter's Basilica: Designed principally by Donato Bramante, Michelangelo, Carlo Maderno and Gian Lorenzo Bernini, St. Peter's is the most renowned work of Renaissance architecture and the largest church in the world.
St.Peter's Basilica could be subject to last-minute closures during special celebrations/festivities and on Wednesdays due to the weekly Papal Audience. In this case, you will spend more time inside Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums, It is over our control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued.
St. Peter's Square: St. Peter's Square is one of the largest and most beautiful squares in the world. The most impressive part of the square, besides its size, are its 284 columns and 88 pilasters that flank the square in a colonnade of four rows. Above the columns there are 140 statues of saints created in 1670 by the disciples of Bernini.
Your tour guide will leave to you here at the end of this tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
COLOSSEUM OPTION: You will meet your tour guide, with a sign with our company's name "ItalyBestExcursions" on the top, at: Largo Gaetana Agnesi (the terrace in front the Colosseum). From here you will have a view of the Colosseum. Then walk down to the massive Amphitheatre with your tour guide, and skip the main entrance line with your fast-track ticket. In just three hours, you’ll experience all that allowed Rome to endure so long – staying immersed in history the entire time, without wasting a moment waiting in line.
Visit of the Colosseum Skip-The-Line Tickets included, going to the second ring where you can admire a panoramic view of the insides of the monuments, overlooking the square below, with an overview of the large base and of the remains of the colonnade and the walls of the largest Roman Temple dedicate to Venus and Rome. With the street of the Imperial Fora on one side and the Arch of Constantine, the Palatine Hill and Via Triumphalis on the other side. Listening to stories from your tour guide about the brutal events that were once held here, like executions and gory gladiator battles. As you stroll around the perimeter of the amphitheater, try to image the ancient crowd of up to 50,000 spectators who cheered as gladiators’ fates were decided by power-hungry emperors.
Once out of the Colosseum you can admire closer the arch of Constantine, going towards the Velian Hill, through the Arch of Titus and up to the Palatine Hill one of the most ancient parts of the city.
Then walk up Palatine Hill, the spot Romulus chose to found the city that would become Rome in 753 BC and after was the imperial house location. Here, steeped in history, you’ll enjoy spectacular views overlooking the Roman Forum and the Circus Maximus, where chariot races once took place.
Then will go to the Roman Forum, the old centre of public life and the heart of the ancient Rome, with the Basilica of Maxentius, the House of Vestals, the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina and the Altar of Caesar.
Your guide will live to you, at the end of the tour, at Venice Square (Piazza Venezia).
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
2: Viale Vaticano, 100, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :1: Piazza Venezia, Roma RM, Italy
2: Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please meet the guide approximately at least 15 minutes in advance. Entrance is strictly limited so you must arrive early. If you will arrive late cannot be accommodated, so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and select museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Vatican option: St. Peter's Basilica and St. Peter's Square might be unavailable on Wednesdays due to the weekly Papal Audience. In this case you'll spend a full 3 hours touring to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. It is over our control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued. If you want to make sure that St. Peter's Basilica and Square are included in your tour, don't select Wednesday as your travel date. On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, you'll spend a full 3 hours touring to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. The tour guides will notify to you if St Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. It is over our control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued.
- Most travelers can participate
- Avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour
- Italy’s tourist sites are among the most popular in the world. Skip the Line Access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during rush hours
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Travelers must provide/bring their own face mask during the experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.