War Photo Exhibition Tour in Mostar
On November 9, 1993, one of Mostar's cultural treasures became a casualty of war. The Old Bridge in Mostar, built in 1566 during the Ottoman Empire, was destroyed by shells fired by Croatian gunners amid fierce fighting with Bosnian Muslims.
After the war, the bridge was rebuilt, using many of the same limestone blocks that were salvaged from the river. The reopening of the bridge by Prince Charles in 2004 was symbolic and a sign that life was slowly returning to normal, as well as being testament to the courage and persistence of the city’s inhabitants. UNESCO added the bridge to their World Heritage list in 2005.
The Bulevar street runs from the north to the south of the city. During the war it used to be the frontline between Bosnians and Croats. Today it’s the heart of the city and home of the beautiful Mostar city hall.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up guests
- Certified tour guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - War Photo Exhibition
What's excluded :
- Breakfast - Food, drinks and all extra costs are on the customers responsibility.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: War Photo Exhibition, Stari Most, Mostar Bosnia and Herzegovina
The exhibition displays pictures taken by New Zealander photojournalist Wade Goddard who witnessed the war in Mostar. This collection of around 50 powerful wartime photos is displayed in the western Old bridge tower, above the bridge divers’ club.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Hotel Kapetanovina, Gojka Vukovića bb, Mostar 88000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.