Wartime London with Spy & Espionage small group tour
Combine two of our most popular London experiences and save an incredible £39 on the ultimate spy and wartime experience. Explore the dark, secret world of international espionage and learn about the city’s pivotal role during the Cold War. Discover the real-life sites used by famous agents and intelligence services, and hear about the devastating effects of WW2 on the city. See evidence of bomb damage and notable Allied buildings as your expert guide brings the history of wartime London to life.
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Downing Street, where Neville Chamberlain broadcast the British declaration of war on Germany
- See where Sir Winston Churchill delivered his VE Day speech to a jubilant British crowd
- Compare wartime photos of key landmarks with their modern-day appearance
- Listen to original news broadcasts from the day as though you are witnessing history
- Feel the atmosphere of the 1940's with a vintage musical soundtrack
- Compare images of key locations in the Blitz with their modern-day alternative
- Gain an insight into Cold War espionage in London
- Discover the real-life sites used as the headquarters for MI6
- Learn about double agents who passed secrets to the Soviet Union
- English Speaking professional guide and comfortable coach
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Grosvenor Square
- Entry/Admission - St. James's Park
- Entry/Admission - Thames River
- Entry/Admission - Westminster
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Whitehall, Government London, London SW1A 2BX England
Pass through Whitehall, where along the way you’ll see the statues dedicated to notable Allied figures including Churchill, Eisenhower, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Sir Arthur “Bomber” Harris, as well as several monuments dedicated the Battle of Britain, Women of WWII and the Cenotaph- the site of Britain’s national war memorial.
Pass By: Parliament Square, Westminster, London SW1P 3BD England
Pass through Parliament Square en-route to Whitehall, where along the way you’ll see the statues dedicated to notable Allied figures including Churchill, Eisenhower, Franklin D. Roosevelt at Grosvenor Square and Sir Arthur “Bomber” Harris at St. Clement Danes Church, as well as several monuments dedicated the Battle of Britain, Women of WWII and the Cenotaph - the site of Britain’s national war memorial.
Pass By: Victoria Embankment, London WC2N 6PB England
Pass by Embankment and see the Battle of Britain Memorial. It was unveiled on 18 September 2005, the 65th anniversary of the Battle, by Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.
The core of the monument is a number of scenes, not just of the Battle of Britain itself, but also related topics of both military and ordinary life at that time.
Pass By: St. James' Square, London SW1Y 4JU England
See the building where ‘Operation Overlord’ wad planned, including the Allied landings on D-Day – the largest air, naval and land operation in history.
Pass By: Park Lane, London England
Pass by Park Lane to see the Animals in War Memorial. The memorial was designed by English sculptor David Backhouse to commemorate the countless animals that have served and died under British military command throughout history. It was unveiled by Princess Anne in 2004.
Stop At: Grosvenor Square, Mayfair Apartments 9 Charles Street, London W1J 5DL England
Take a short guided walk around Grosvenor Square. See Eisenhower HQ, the old American Embassy, the Roosevelt Statue and the Eagle Squadrons Memorial.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: St. James's Park, Horse Guards Road The Storeyard, London SW1A 2BJ England
St James’s Park is the oldest of London’s eight Royal Parks and covers an area of nearly 57 acres.
Surrounded by three palaces, the park is a popular filming location and was featured in the 2002 James Bond film 'Die Another Day'.
Stroll through the park with your storytelling guide to board your luxury mini-coach.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Thames River, London England
See the home of MI6- famously featured in several James Bond movies - the headquarters of MI5 and visit the public 'dead drop' sites where spies exchanged top-secret information. Discover the locations used by Intelligence Services to recruit their agents, and be shaken and stirred by the stories of some of Britain's most infamous traitors and double agents who passed top-secret information on to the Soviets.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Westminster, Victoria Street at Parliament Square, London SW1P 3PA England
The tour will start and finish in style at the St Ermin's Hotel; former headquarter of MI6, where an original coded message written on silk hangers in the lobby - hunt it down and try to crack the code.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :1: The Original Tour - London Bus Tours, Trafalgar House, 17-19 Cockspur St, St. James's, London SW1Y 5BL, UK
2: St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, 2 Caxton St, Westminster, London SW1H 0QW, UK
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Vauxhall Bridge Road, Vauxhall Bridge Rd, Westminster, London, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Combine 2 of our popular London experiences on an ultimate spy and wartime small-group tour.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Limited vehicle capacity empty seats left next to single travellers & odd numbered groups / Personal audio headsets provided to maintain distancing / Inclusions vetted to ensure they adhere to safety measures / E-tickets only no paper tickets / Staff newly trained in safety measures
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.