Wartime Paris: Private WWII History Tour
Relive the most harrowing and heroic moments of WWII during a 3-hour guided private walking tour of Paris under the Nazi Occupation. Explore the former urban battlefields where the dramas of war played out. See the bullet holes and tank impacts that still scar the landscape of Paris. Learn stories of the French Resistance and the brave everyday men and women who rose up to take their city back. Hear of how Hitler ordered Paris to be destroyed, and how the city narrowly escaped certain annihilation. The maximum group size for this tour is 10 people.
per adult from
What's included :
- English-speaking guide
- Small-group tour (no more than 10 participants)
- A coffee break in an authentic French caf
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and Drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Eglise Saint-Paul Saint-Louis, 99 rue Saint Antoine, 75004 Paris France
Meet your private guide just outside the "Saint Paul" metro station on line N°1.Your tour starts in the heart of the historic Marais district
Pass By: Le Marais 3e Arrondissement, 75003 Paris France
Your private guide will explain the events leading up to the German invasion of France. Once the stage has been set you’ll make your way past key buildings and hidden details that reveal the story of life in occupied Paris
Pass By: Memorial De La Shoah, 17 rue Geoffroy L Asnier, 75004 Paris France
A walk through the Jewish quarter will be the perfect setting for tales of deportation and the bleak reality of the final destination: Auschwitz. You’ll stop at Paris’s Holocaust museum
Pass By: Ile de la Cite, 75001 Paris France
Before crossing the bridges of the Seine to Notre Dame Cathedral and Ile de la Cité.
Pass By: Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris, 6 Parvis Notre-Dame Place Jean-Paul II, 75004 Paris France
Next stop will be iconic buildings where the war’s key battles were
Pass By: Prefecture de Police, 1 rue de Lutece Place Louis Lepine, 75004 Paris France
And lost like Notre Dame Cathedral, the Paris Préfecture,
Pass By: Conciergerie, 2 Boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris, France
And the Conciergerie, one of the oldest palace of Ile de la Cité.
Pass By: Pont-Neuf, Ile de la Cite, 75001 Paris France
Your guide will introduce you to the famed story of the Monuments Men, and a different sort of liberation: this time the stolen artwork across Europe
Pass By: 1st Arrondissement, Entre Rues Etienne Marcel, des Petits Champs, Daniele Casanova, des Capucines et Quais des Tuileries, Francois Miterrand, du Louvre, de La Megisserie, 75001 Paris France
To conclude you’ll contemplate the harrowing final days of the Occupation, including Hitler’s orders to destroy the city and the arrival of the Allied Forces just in the nick of time…
The 3-hour tour ends at the Pont Neuf Bridge around 6 pm.
Departure Point :Saint-Paul, 75004 Paris, France
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code: Comfortable shoes required
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.