Wasgamuwa National Park Safari from Polonnaruwa
(SKU: LK60120700) Wasgamuwa National Park is a haven for many species of flora and displaced fauna. Nature lovers find Wasgamuwa interesting with its high biodiversity. There are many reptiles you may see on the banks of water bodies, such as the Mugger Crocodile or water monitors. There are quite a few species of skinks, lizards and snakes as well.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Polonnaruwa.
- Transport throughout the tour in a private safari jeep.
- Service of an English-speaking safari driver (also your tracker).
- Water bottle (per-person).
What's excluded :
- Entrance ticket(s). (Wasgamuwa National Park)
- Food and drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wasgamuwa National Park, Wasgamuwa National Park
The safari will take you on a short game drive through Wasgamuwa national park. There will be many species of wildlife, especially Sri Lankan Elephants, for you to see. Birdwatching enthusiasts will be able to get their groove on with the ample numbers and varieties of birds that can be identified at the Wasgamuwa National Park. You will also be able to many colorful types of flowers and herbs.
About the Park:
Wasgamuwa National Park receives 1650 - 2100 millimeters of rainfall and has an average annual temperature of 28°C.
Wasgamuwa was once of the main areas where the Sri Lankan Sloth Bear was found and had its name derived from the Sinhala version of ‘Sloth Bear Woods’. Over 150 species of flowers have been recorded in the forests, grasslands, and reservoirs of the park. When it comes to wildlife, there are 23 species of mammals, 143 species of birds (including 8 endemic bird species), over 50 species of butterflies, 17 species of reptiles, 8 species of amphibians to be found.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Polonnaruwa
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.