Washington DC to George Washington's Mount Vernon & Old Town Alexandria Bus Tour
An informative and interactive half-day tour filled with American history, the tour starts with a visit to Old Town Alexandria, George Washington's adopted home. Dating back to the early 1700s, you'll learn of the many historical facts Old Town Alexandria played in American history. From there, you'll explore George Washington's former estate, Mount Vernon. The entrance includes a host of colonial-era buildings, beautiful gardens, and a museum and visitor center.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel Pick Up & Drop off for Mount Vernon Tour only
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old Town, Alexandria, VA 22314
Enjoy a guided walking tour of Old Town Alexandria. Great for casual dining, shopping and historic sites.
If time allows enjoy the views of Market Square.
Photo stop at Christ Church.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: US Marine Corps War Memorial, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
Visit the United States Marine Corps national memorial.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mount Vernon, Mount Vernon, Fairfax County, Virginia
Entrance into Mount Vernon, which consists of a host of colonial-era buildings, beautiful gardens, a working distillery and gristmill, the estate's Museum and Education Center.
Enjoy lunch on your own at any of the local eatery locations, such as the Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant or the Food court.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Union Station, 50 Massachusetts Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
We kindly ask that you please contact us 24 hours before departure to confirm hotel pickup details were available. We kindly ask that you please be at the designated pickup location for your hotel at the time provided.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: Due to increased security measures in and around Washington DC, government buildings and attractions may close without prior notice. We will not be held responsible for non-entry due to closures and or time allotment.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.