Waterfall tour at Jaco Beach from San Jose
Experience the true meaning of ‘Pura Vida’ this guided trip takes you into the rainforest in the hills above the Pacific Ocean to a majestic setting of Costa Rican natural harmony. Spend an exciting day in Costa Rica´s beautiful waterfalls located high in the surrounding mountains of Jaco beach, this tour allows you to get away from the tourist scene and experience a more conservative and peaceful setting as you will hike along a river and through the forest with the opportunity of enjoying each waterfall along the way. Throughout the trip you will also encounter some of Costa Rica´s different fauna and flora as you´re surrounded by nothing but nature.
Come and enjoy refreshing waterfalls and fresh air in the heart of Costa Rica´s forest.
You can bring your swimsuit to have bath or jumping at the waterfall lagoon
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup from San Jose
- Hotel drop-off
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos
- You will start the day by being picked up at your hotel in San Jose, Alajuela or Heredia and begin the trip to Jaco. The drive is approximately one hour and 20 minutes, on the way you can enjoy the view of the costa rican countryside and take in the layers of hills and mountains covered in Costa Rica´s beautiful forest in different shades of green.
After a short drive from Jaco you will arrive at the base camp and fuel up with an authentic Costa Rican meal.
Once your done it will be time to head out on your adventure, you will join us on some 4x4 safari vehicles and head up into the mountains over 1000′ up on the way to a private reserve. Your guide will stop along the way to point out interesting flora and fauna and the incredible views of the ocean and countryside. During the entire tour we are totally surrounded by beautiful Costa Rica virgin rain forest.
Upon arrival to the private reserve there is a short (5 minute) downhill hike where you will start your adventure through the river. You will hike up the river using trails and bridges that criss-cross it allowing you to enjoy multiple smaller, interactive waterfalls and natural pools. You can see and experience more than ten waterfalls that flow from one beautiful pool to the next. Bring your camera to capture all your amazing experiences and your guide will keep it in a dry bag and make sure it stays safe.
There are 4 different swimming holes and many waterfalls to bathe under. These natural pools will invite you to swim in the fresh mountain spring water and submerge under the small waterfalls for an invigorating massage. For the more adventurous person there are a couple of ledges that measure from 4′ up to 25′ you can jump into the pools from and have a more extreme experience.
When you are done you will have a 10 minute hike back to the vehicle before heading out on the way back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: From San Jose, Alajuela or HerediaDates: See AvailabilityReturn point: Same as pick up location
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.