Wavedancer Low Isles Great Barrier Reef Sailing Cruise from Port Douglas
Low Isles is an idyllic, unspoilt coral cay island just one hour's sailing from Port Douglas aboard the 30 metre sailing catamaran, Wavedancer. With snorkelling direct from the beach, this is the perfect day for families and couples seeking island relaxation. From the moment Wavedancer moors in the picturesque lagoon, a host of reef activities await. It's a leisurely, informative day where island visitor numbers are limited.Throughout the day, a shuttle boat transfers guests between the boat and the island. Snorkelling, glass bottom boat tour, marine biologist guided snorkel tour and island walk, tropical buffet lunch served onboard, morning and afternoon teas all included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Cruise from Port Douglas to Low Isles
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist
- Glass bottom boat coral viewing
- Guided beach walk with marine biologist
- Lunch - Buffet lunch served onboard
- Use of lycra suit
- Morning tea/coffee on boarding, afternoon tea
- Environmental Management Charge
- Complimentary glass of sparkling wine on homeward journey
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wavedancer Low Isles Cruise, Wharf Street Reef Marina, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877 Australia
Situated nine miles (15 kilometers) north-east of Port Douglas, Low Isles is a coral cay surrounded by 55 acres of reef. The sandy beach and clear, calm lagoon waters are ideal for swimming and snorkeling. Low Isles is well-known for its population of green turtles, keep an eye on the surface as they regularly pop up for air. Occasionally dugongs can be seen grazing on sea grass and large rays may glide by.
During the cruise, a Marine Biologist will conduct an informative talk on the fish and corals and provide details on the activities available throughout the day. The 30-meter luxury sailing catamaran offers the excitement of big ship sailing combined with the ultimate in comfort. Relax in the luxurious air-conditioned lounge with fully licensed bar, or soak up the sun under the sails on the expansive deck.
On arrival a shuttle will take you from the boat to the island, or you can dive straight in and swim to the beach!
Join an organized snorkel tour led by a marine biologist, or take to the water independently and explore at your leisure. Snorkeling equipment is provided and the friendly crew are on hand to assist.You don't have to get wet to enjoy a day at Low Isles. You can join a glass bottom boat tour over the soft coral gardens that surround Low Isles. Your guide will point out giant clams, a variety of fish and corals, and of course be on the lookout for turtles. On land you may like to join a guided beach walk around the small island. Learn about the flora and fauna of the island along with the history of Low Isles as an important place of marine research.
We recommend you book this reef trip on your first full available day. You then have the opportunity to be flexible and change your travel date if you wish. Your booking can be changed at no additional cost directly with the operator once you are in Cairns. Prebook and secure your booking, but relax in knowing you can make amendments at no charge.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, 44 Wharf St, Port Douglas QLD 4877, Australia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We recommend you book this reef trip on your first full available day. You then have the opportunity to be flexible and change your travel date if you wish. Your booking can be changed at no additional cost directly with the operator once you are in Cairns. Prebook and secure your booking, but relax in knowing you can make amendments at no charge.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 156 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.