Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament Tour in London
Get to grips with Britain’s royal and political history on this tour of Westminster Abbey and if you select the option, to the Houses of Parliament. Step inside the famous Gothic abbey, which has been the setting for almost all English coronations since William the Conqueror’s crowning in 1066, along with many other royal occasions including Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding. If you have select the option you will get into the British political system with a panoramic guided tour of the House of Lords and Houses of Commons. For a more complete experience select the option that includes the entrance to the Houses of Parliament.
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Professional guide inside the Westminster Abbey
- Ticket to Westminster Abbey
- Panoramic tour around the Parliament (if you choose this option)
- Ticket to the Parliament (if you choose this option)
- Audio guide inside the Parliament (if you choose this option)
What's excluded :
- Live commentary inside the Parliament
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Westminster Abbey, 20 Dean's Yard Broad Sanctuary, London SW1P 3PA England
Meet your guide at the entrance to Westminster Abbey at 09:15 AM, and then look inside the historic monument to stand in the footsteps of kings and queens. Since the coronation of William the Conqueror in 1066, all coronations of English and British monarchs have been held in the abbey, as have many royal weddings, including that of Prince William to Kate Middleton in 2011.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Houses of Parliament, Parliament Square, London SW1A 0AA England
Then, take a panoramic tour of the Houses of Parliament and pass the Elizabeth Tower where the famous Big Ben bell chimes every quarter hour. Learn about the role of MPs who sit in the House of Commons and the function of the House of Lords.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Big Ben, Parliament Sqaure Elizabeth Tower - Houses of Parliament, Westminster, London SW1A 0AA England
ear how, and why, the Elizabeth Tower and its great clock and iconic bell were built. Designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987, the Palace of Westminster (the official name of the Houses of Parliament) boasts an ostentatious façade with golden spires and statues of kings that reflect in the River Thames. Listen as your guide explains the history of the building, from the first medieval clock tower built in the old Palace of Westminster, to the design and construction of the present Elizabeth Tower.
Departure Point :Westminster Abbey Shop, Broad Sanctuary, Westminster, London SW1P 3JS, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that there are three differents options with different inclusions (check which one you have choosen)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.