Wet Tropic Escapades
Discover the hidden gem of the Wet Tropics, The Cairns Hinterland. Travel in style in your own privately driven vehicle with a home grown local at the wheel to give you the best insights into the region.
Start your day with a complimentary morning beverage before escaping cairns to explore your way through the most biodiverse region on earth. For the past 180 million years, the wet tropics has had very little pressure to adapt, resulting in this little pocket of Australia having ancient species of plant life, birds, reptiles and marsupials.
Enjoy the serenity of a Volcanic Crater Lake. Enjoy lunch on the veranda with a million dollar view of the tallest point in queensland. Finish the day, learning about how one Spanish man released his dream of living in his own castle, one he built by hand in the middle of the Rainforst.
per adult from
700 to 1,900 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local Driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Morning Beverages
- Complimentary water & soft drink
- Sample of local hand made chocolate
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Free media package
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenirs (available to purchase)
- We meet you at your accommodation in your privately appointed vehicle at 0700.
Your day begins with a short drive to a local coffee shop where we purchase for you, your choose of Tea, Coffee or Fresh Juice.
We begin our escape out of Cairns up the Gillies Range to the Lake Barrine Tea House. The Tea House was built during WWII by the defence force and used as a Convalescent home for injured defence members. Here we can enjoy a light breakfast on the balcony over looking the peaceful waters.
Take the picturesque drive out to one of the most easily recognised Water Falls in the region. Enjoy lunch on the deck at Mungalli Creek Bio-Dynamic Dairy over looking the rolling hills of Millaa Millaa with the tallest point in Queensland in the background. Get a little adventurous & visit Tchupala & Wallicher Falls. Have your breath taken away at Crawford's Lookout. Get high above the canopy and see as far as the eye can see at the Mamu Tropical skywalk. Finish the day at Queenslands number one tourist attraction. Learn the fascinating history of José Paronella and continue his dream.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We are happy to pick you up from any Hotel or airbnb you are staying at. Please ensure you have provided a valid mobile or whats app number so we can confirm your pick up the day before.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is Sun Smart
- Closed in Shoes must be worn when walking on uneven ground
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- Will Operate in wet weather conditions, unless due to Cyclone. please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Hinterland Tours & Transfers