Whale Watching and Sea Angling Tour
Whale Watching Hauganes is the oldest whale watching tour operator in Iceland. We operate two classic Icelandic oak boats that are both spacious and extremely stable here in the still fjord of Eyjafjörður which is well sheltered from the open North Atlantic Ocean. We classify our tours as "slow travel" as you will get the chance of enjoying the beautiful landscape of the fjord along with its wildlife while not feeling in a rush or that you are interrupting the wildlife in any way.
Our tours are carbon neutral as we plant one tree for each tour along with blending the oil with bio-diesel made in Akureyri (the capital of North Iceland, just 25 minutes south from us) from frying oils from local restaurants.
You will find a restaurant here as well, a campsite, hot tubs down by the black beach of Sandvik and the famous beer-spa here just 5 minutes north from us.
We include sea angling in our Whale Watching & Sea Angling tours, something that all fishing enthusiasts should try!
per adult from
150 to 180 minutes
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Included in the tours is hot coffee and chocolate along with locally made Icelandic twisted donuts and cinnamon buns.
- Warm overalls that are also flotation suits. Bring hats and gloves though!
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Whale Watching Hauganes, Aðalgata 2, 621 Hauganes, Iceland
Whale watching in the middle of the beautiful Eyjafjörður fjord. The whales were on average just 20 minutes from Hauganes last year.
Departure Point :Hafnargata 2, Hauganes, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
We can arrange pick ups from all hotels and locations in Akureyri for an extra fee. Usually the pick up is made from Hof Cultural Center in the centre of Akureyri by the harbour. Ports
- Hof Cultural Center - Akureyri
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 73 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.