Whale-Watching Tour from Vancouver
While in Vancouver, don't miss the chance to take a whale-watching tour and spot Killer Whales, Humpback Whales, Porpoises, Seals, Eagles and other wildlife amid the stunning scenery of Canada’s southwest coast. Join your professional wildlife guide and board a first class, modern vessel for a 3- to 5-hour expedition, starting in the picturesque, historic fishing village of Steveston and traveling through the spectacular Gulf Islands and San Juan Islands.
The area is renowned for attracting whales, and this tour enjoys a 95% sighting success rate. On your quest to find Orcas (Killer Whales) and Humpback Whales, you’ll have the opportunity to see the inhabitants of this diverse marine ecosystem, including bow riding Dall’s Porpoises, Sea Lions, Bald Eagles and Seals. Select the shuttle option to include round-trip transportation from downtown Vancouver with commentary, and spend a morning or afternoon in touch with nature on this memorable whale-watching tour!
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Shuttle pickup and drop off (if option selected)
- Bottled water
- Restroom on board
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off (if option not selected)
- Parking Fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vancouver Whale Watch, 12240 2nd Ave Suite 210 Steveston, Richmond, British Columbia V7E 3L8 Canada
This is our office where you can get information about our excursions, and also check in for your tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :12240 Second Ave, Richmond, BC V7E 3L8, Canada
Traveler pickup is offered
We have 9 central locations that we pick up from in Downtown Vancouver, as well at most Richmond Hotels.Zone 1 – On the corner of Beatty Street and Robson Street, in front of the Hampton Inn & Suites (outside Sciué Café). Zone 2 - On Canada Place Way at Burrard Street, across the street from the Tourist Information Centre (on the water side of the street). Zone 2A - Across the street from the TD Bank on Howe Street (Vancouver Art Gallery Side by Tour Bus Sign).Zone 3 – Outside Shenanigans Pub (1227 Robson Street). Zone 3A – Westin Bayshore Hotel, 1601 Bayshore Drive. Please wait outside the main entrance, in the driveway (by valet stand). Zone 4 – On the corner of Denman Street and Comox Street, outside the 7-Eleven Convenience Store (1055 Denman Street). Zone 5 – Outside the Century Plaza Hotel, 1015 Burrard Street. Please wait outside the hotel, by the “Passenger Loading Zone.” Zone 5A – Outside the Ramada Inn & Suites Hotel, 1221 Granville Street. Please wait by the “Passenger Loading Zone.” Zone 6 – On the corner of Broadway and Fir Street, outside the Kohler Building (1606 W. Broadway). Please note we do not pick up from all of these zones everyday so please arrange your shuttle pick up with us directly.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 47 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We will be providing buffs (tubular scarfs) for passengers to wear over their masks while on the boats.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.