Whales and Puffins Tour from Husavik
On your combined tour of puffin and whale watching, you will get up-close to the famous puffin island of Lundey, followed by a whale watching tour. See, hear and study the the behavior of the largest animals on the planet. This 3.5 hour unforgettable tour includes and experienced crew consisting of a captain and guide.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- All taxes, fees and handling charge
- Free coffee & hot chocolate & cookies
- free wifi on board
- warm, weatherproof overalls
- bathroom facility
- 10 % discount in restaurant Salka
- 20% discount to Husavik Whale Museum.
- 10% discount to Geosea, warm sea bath in Husavik.
What's excluded :
This fantastic 3.5 hour tour takes you close to Puffin Island to see one of the largest puffin colonies in Iceland, where around 100.000 puffins can be found during breeding season.
Please note that the puffins leave Iceland around mid August to spend the winter time in the open ocean. That is why after the 15th of August we do not offer whale and puffin trips anymore, rather just regular whale watching. The puffins will return to Iceland again at the end of April for the breeding season.
After taking a good look at the puffins who are nesting on the island we sail to traditional whale watching areas. Here you will get the chance to experience whales, dolphins and birds in their natural surroundings. Every tour is different and you never know what amazing species and wildlife shows you will get to see during the trip. The most common whale and dolphin species in Skjálfandi Bay are humpback whales, Minke whales, white beaked dolphins, porpoises and in the beginning of summer blue whales and fin whales.
With our years of experience and knowledge from sailing through the bay of Skjálfandi, we guarantee your upmost comfort, enjoyment and authentic adventure, on each of our tours.
• Salka Whale Watching, Gardarsbraut 6, Husavik 640 Iceland
Departure Point :Garðarsbraut 6, Húsavík, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.