Whales Of Iceland Admission Ticket
The Whales of Iceland Exhibition is the largest whale exhibition in Europe. The 23 life-sized models of whales species found around Iceland are each modeled after an actual whale in the wild. There are interactive technology stations, an underwater VR experience and underwater soundscapes & lighting. The Fin Whale Room highlights the threats (and their solutions) that whales face today. This includes a screening of the film Sonic Sea. Guided tours are available for all ticket holders at 10:30 and 13:30 each day.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Audio guide (available in 10+ languages)
- Free parking & wi-fi.
- Daily live guided tour of Whales of Iceland at 10:30 & 13:30 for all ticket holders.
- Free parking & Wi-Fi
- Daily screening of Sonic Sea at 11:00 & 15:00 - available in The Fin Whale Room
- Entry/Admission - Whales of Iceland
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel transfers
- Visit: Whales of Iceland, Fiskislod 23, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
The Whales of Iceland Exhibition consists of 23 man-made life size models of the various whale species found in Icelandic waters throughout its natural history. A 25 m. (82 ft.) long blue whale, a full-size sperm whale, the critically endangered North Atlantic right whale and many more! See them all in their actual size!
Much work was done on the models and all models are hand-painted. Personal characteristics can be found on each model that resembles a real whale in the ocean. The models are also soft, squishy and fun to touch.
With interactive information stands and videos, surrounded by soothing whale sounds, underwater ambient lighting and black and yellow beach-like floor, Whales of Iceland is a dreamy adventure for the whole family.
The newest addition to Whales of Iceland is now open! The Fin Whale Room highlights the various threats (and their solutions) that whales and other marine life faces today. This is an excellent way to learn more about the oceans, and raise awareness for some of the biggest issues that whales face today.
Departure Point :Whales of Iceland, Fiskislod 23, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
Departure Time :1/25/2017 - 1/25/2021
1/26/2021 - 1/25/2022
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Free parking is available and you can purchase drinks & snacks at the Whale Café!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We request that visitors respect and follow the 2-meter social distancing measures during their trip to Whales of Iceland. The live-guided tours and VR-headsets are not currently available due to the latest safety measures in place in Iceland. Audio guides are available and cleaned between each use.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.