Wheelchair Accessible Sistine Chapel & Vatican Private Tour for Disable Visitors
Visiting museums and ancient buildings can be an issue if you are in a wheelchair. However, there is no need to miss out on a visit to the Vatican and the magnificent Sistine Chapel.This visit is designed a tour specifically to cater for those of you in wheelchairs. This tour has it all: your own private guide; skip-the-line access; headphones provided so you won’t miss a word of the guide’s interesting commentary. Join for a wonderful tour of the Vatican complex to see one of the world’s most magnificent art collections. There is no queuing and after you meet your guide you gain immediate access.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Local guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Entry/Admission - Cortile della Pigna
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- St Peter's Basilica
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cortile della Pigna, Vatican City Italy
you meet with your guide at the entrance to the museums, pass the tourists in the long queues.
The tour begins in the Pigna Courtyard, to see the famous “Pineapple”.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You cross this to gain access to the Pio Cristiano Museum with its magnificent galleries. There is the Gallery of Tapestries and the Gallery of Maps where you will see one of the largest displays of Renaissance maps anywhere in the world. Next we visit the rooms painted in the 1500s by Raphael for Pope Julius II.
These rooms house what are now considered to be two of the young Raphael’s greatest masterpieces, the Parnassus and School of Athens.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The tour ends in the most famous part of the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel.
Before you enter (no talking allowed inside) your guide will explain something about the marvelous frescos that you will see once inside. There are those depicting The Last Judgment painted by Michelangelo as well as wall frescos by Bollicelli and other famous Renaissance Artists.
Your guide is very knowledgeable will keep you fully informed about everything you are seeing; a wonderful tour for you to fully appreciate the treasures of the Vatican.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the museums except for bottled water
- Please note that this tour doesn't include a person that pushes a wheelchair, so make sure to have someone with you.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.