Whisky and Highland Waterfalls Day Trip from Edinburgh
Enjoy a day of whisky and waterfalls on a day trip from Edinburgh, led by a friendly local guide! After a stop in the stately town of Stirling to see the Wallace Monument, travel through the Scottish Highlands, passing alongside Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. Stop at the Famous Grouse whisky distillery for lunch and a tour (both payable at own expense) and, after sampling a wee dram of whisky, continue to the Hermitage, a natural beauty spot that’s home to the impressive Black Linn Falls.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Distillery tour
- Dram of local whisky
- Entry/Admission - National Wallace Monument
- Entry/Admission - The Glenturret Distillery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Wallace Monument, Hillfoots Road Abbey Craig, Stirling FK9 5LF Scotland
We stop at the monument and hear how William Wallace led Scotland to victory at the battle of Stirling Bridge and played a crucial role in the Wars of Independence.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Glenturret Distillery The Hosh, Crieff PH7 4HA Scotland
We take to the back roads and drive through Scotland’s scenic beauty and further into the Highlands. Glens, forests and rivers aplenty, before stopping at one of Scotland’s most famous whisky distilleries - Glenturret.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Hermitage Woodland Walk, Just off A9 at Dunkeld, Dunkeld Scotland
After reviving ourselves with a wee dram of the ‘water of life’, we head to the Hermitage in the heart of Perthshire and take a short woodland walk.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Dunkeld Cathedral, 1.5 hours drive north of Edinburgh, Dunkeld Scotland
Our return journey visits the quaint village of Dunkeld, in Macbeth country, where a stunning cathedral sits comfortably by the banks of the River Tay.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Highland Explorer Tours, 60 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1TB, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 23 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- As this tour celebrates whisky, it is unsuitable for those under the age of 18.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.