White Salmon River Rafting Half-Day Trip
The White Salmon River tumbles and charges its way down a narrow basalt canyon. The rapids are big and bouncy with many large waves and powerful holes. With rapids like Maytag, Corner Cave, Grasshoper, Siwash, Corkscrew, Waterspout, Stairstep, Highway Hole, Rattlesnake and Deadmans’ Corner (and many more), thrillseekers love this trip. This is an eight-mile trip with the first five miles consisting of continuous class III+ and IV rapids.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- All Necessary gear including: wetsuits, booties, splash jacket, pfd & helmet
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Rafting the White Salmon River is one of the best-kept recreation secrets of the northwest! The White Salmon River is located only 90 minutes from the Portland/Vancouver area. This river offers some of the best class III-IV rapids around and the glaciers of Mt. Adams combined with the immense aquifers in the area, keep the White Salmon bubbling all summer long! The river cuts its way through one of the most beautiful, constricted and heavily forested gorges around. The water is gin-clear, the weather is fabulous and rapids are big and numerous; making the White Salmon River one of the most exciting 1/2-day river rafting trips in the west!
As the Spring days run long and the snow begins to recede, the water levels become lower and the trip becomes more playful. Its at this point (mid-Summer and Fall, when many Northwest rivers are reduced to a trickle) that we shift our trip dynamics a bit. We launch 2 miles upstream (beyond) the normal commercial launch to begin our trip deep in the canyon (thanks to some wonderful private property owners). By launching upstream, we add 2 more miles of class IV water (including rapids like S-turn, Top-Drop, The Flume, Bombers’ Drop and more)! We also portage around BZ Falls, which is one of the most beautiful and picturesque sections of the river. We are extremely privileged and fortunate to offer this, not only for the extra rapids (and to give you more rapids per trip than anyone else) but we truly get to enjoy a canyon untouched by man.
When water levels are low enough to safely offer Husum Falls, an exciting grand finale will conclude the run. Husum Falls is completely optional and you must meet certain age guidelines to paddle this drop, many people walk around and sometimes the entire boat will portage this rapid. In short, this trip is all fun and offers the most rapids! Trips run daily, starting in March and lasting into November, meeting at 9:30am or 2:30pm!
Departure Point :856 WA-141, Husum, WA 98623, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Walking over uneven, slippery and rocky surfaces are required.
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the raft, guests must be able to wear the life vests and wet suits provided. Please contact us for further information if this may be an issue.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.