White Water Rafting and Stand Up and Paddle Boards on the River Tay from Aberfeldy
Go rafting on a half-day adventure down the River Tay in Scotland. Groups are of various sizes and ages from Aberfeldy to Grandtully in this perfect introductory river. A thrilling white water rafting experience, groups are accompanied by experienced guides. You can expect adventure, excitement and guaranteed fun!
Stand Up Paddle Boarding is an off shot of traditional surfing which originated in Hawaii. A fairly new sport that has blossomed over the last few years, which has seen the sport diverge from the sea to the river. There areÂ even people doing Stand Up Paddle Board yoga!! We will take you down the River Tay on these boards.
River Tay rafting trips are available mornings and afternoons throughout the year except Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesday (these are dedicated fishing days). We provide all equipment (wetsuit, lifejacket, helmet, paddle) and transport
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guides
- Professional photographer guide who takes free photos on the rafting
- Wet suits and all safety gear included
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Bring personal swim suit /shorts
- Bring personal Towel
- Bring Training shoes that can get wet
- The famous River Tay is the perfect introductory river to take out first time adventurers. A thrilling half-day experience for all ages and sizes of group, rafting on River Tay offers you the perfect conditions to get your feet wet and learn rafting skills from our expert guides. This six miles journey starts at our home base in Aberfeldy and ends in Grandtully. At the start of your journey to the rapids, you will be able to enjoy stunning scenery along the Tay Valley as the river winds lazily through the valley; rolling hills, diverse wildlife and tranquillity are hallmark features of this beautiful landscape.
As you acclimate to your surroundings, your guides will teach you rafting techniques through a series of interactive and challenging games. You and your group will have ample opportunity to practice your newly learnt rafting skills before the river drops away and you encounter your first rapids. River Tay keeps first time rafters and seasoned rafters on their toes; Rapids such as 'Zoom Flume' and 'The Washing Machine' will offer your first set of exciting rapid challenges, before the grand finale: 'The Grandtully Rapid'. This is the longest rapid on the river and provides one or two surprises for the unwary rafter!
Stand Up Paddle Boarding allows you a unique way to explore rivers and lochs; it’s a whole new experience which includes thrills and relaxation all at the same time. You can meander down a river and enjoy the natural beauty of the river on your paddleboard.
Starting from our base in Aberfeldy your rafting and Stand Up Paddle Board includes all equipment, transport on and off the river, experienced raft guides on each raft, a trip leader on each trip and an operations manager on dry land. We also include free professional photography of the rafting with every trip which you can download and share with your friends and family.
White water rafting and Stand up and Paddle Board trips on the River Tay with Splash are available every day throughout the week, all year round (except Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as these are dedicated Fishing Day). This river is suitable for all levels of experience from beginner to advanced, adults and children (aged over 12 years), and all group sizes including individuals, couples and groups.
Departure Point :Dunkeld RoadAberfeldy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Bring towels
- Bring training shoes that can get wet
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.