White Water Rafting Day Trip from Hafgrímsstaðir: Grade 4 Rafting on the East Glacial River
Exciting rapids, mind-blowing scenery, and one of the most remote single-day river settings on Earth make the East Glacial River Iceland's signature rafting trip! Get right into the action and see for yourself why the “East” has been consistently rated as one of Europe’s best rafting day trips and topped popular guide books’ lists of "must-do's" in Iceland.
per adult from
What's included :
- All rafting equipment: drysuit, PFD, helmet, booties, gloves
- Qualified, professional raft guides and safety kayakers
- Transportation between the rafting base and the river
- Riverside refreshments: freshly baked waffles and homemade hot chocolate
- Transport from Akureyri (only if option selected at time of booking)
- Entry/Admission - Viking Rafting
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Viking Rafting, Akureyri 600 Iceland
In one word... AWESOME !
The East Glacial River Gorge (Jökulsá-Austari) is the setting for our most action-packed and exciting rafting day tour. With spectacular deep canyon scenery and relentless heart-pumping whitewater, the East has been consistently rated one of Europe’s best rafting rivers and has topped popular guide books’ lists of "must-do's" in Iceland. One of the most remote single-day rafting trips on the planet, this whitewater adventure delivers an unforgettable journey into the untamed beauty of Iceland’s river wilderness. Combine that with a dose of adrenaline strong enough to satisfy the most powerful of cravings. For those travelling to Iceland with a thirst for adventure, this is a day tour not to be missed!
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Viking Rafting, Varmahlíð, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
IMPORTANT NOTE: Pickups are NOT automatically included in your booking, and must be purchased as an add-on in advance of your rafting trip. Pickups are available from Akureyri Backpackers in Akureyri (daily departure 7:20) as well as the Varmahlíð campsite. If no pickup has been arranged, the meeting point for your trip is at the Viking Rafting base at Hafgrímsstaðir (15km south of Varmahlíð on Road #752).
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Recommended items to bring: thermal underwear/base layers, warm fleece top/wool sweater, fleece pants/extra long johns, thick wool socks/hiking socks, change of clothes for after the river, any necessary medications (asthma inhalers, etc.) and waterproof camera (optional)
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.