White Water Rafting Tenorio River Class 4-Hermosa Coco
Ride the thrilling rapids of the Rio Tenorio. Experienced guides teach you the rafting commands you will need to navigate down this pristine river. Watch for monkeys and native birds as you shoot the rapids. Massive double drop is one of the highlights. Minimum age 12. Must wear tevas or tennis shoes -- no flip-flops. Celebrate your tour with lunch (included) along the banks of the Rio Corobici. Bring some cash if you want to buy a beer, souvenirs or t-shirt. Shared transportation stops at hotels to pick up fellow rafters. Professional photos available for purchase.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- White Water Rafting
- Rafting equipment (vest, helmet, raft, paddle)
- Hot lunch
- Fruit Beverage
- Round trip ground transportation from Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal, Flamingo and Tamarindo area hotels.
What's excluded :
- Transportation from hotels outside the Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal, Playa Flamingo and Playa Tamarindo areas
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tenorio River, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
Ground transportation is provided from most Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco or Playa Ocotal area hotels. You will be picked up around 7:30 am (departure times can vary approximately 30-45 minutes prior so please call to verify time of pickup for your hotel).
Your shared transportation stops at hotels to pick up other rafters, but once all are on board it is around a 45-minute drive to meet the rafting crew. There you will get fitted for rafting vest and helmet. Then you are on your way in 4 X 4 vehicle to the put-in spot on the bank of the Tenorio River. Once you arrive at the river, guides will unload boats and paddles and teach you what you need to safely navigate the river. You will soon know the terms like "high-side left" and when you need to paddle or back-paddle. You are part of a team and it is vitally important that all rafters participate in the fun and adventure!
The four-man rafts are designed to navigate the narrow Tenorio, with some really wild rapids and incredible drops. The backdrop of the primary and secondary dry forest are a stunning sight and monkeys, lizards and birds can be seen and heard as you travel down the rapids.
At the end of the rapids, you will disembark, help stow the gear and head to the Rio Corobici for a delicious hot lunch. Beers and soft drinks are not included, but are available for purchase. Professional photo package is also available if you want to get some excellent shots of the action-packed trip. Don't forget to bring some cash to tip your rafting guides!
After lunch, you will head back to your hotel on your shared transportation. This day is sure to be a highlight of your trip.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Hotel Bosque del Mar, Guanacaste Province, Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/1/2020 - 6/30/2021
7/1/2021 - 1/15/2022
Monday - Sunday: 07:30 AM - 04:30 PM Monday - Sunday: 07:30 AM - 04:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum rafting age is 12
- Weather permitting. Crew reserves the right to determine if necessary to cancel. If crew cancels, refund or alternate tour will be provided, dependent upon availability
- Not recommended for person with disability that would preclude them from boarding raft or paddling
- Not responsible for damage to personal items brought on tour. Bring personal items at your own risk.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No flip-flops, you will need Tevas, Water Shoes or Tennis Shoes. You need shoes that will stay on your feet.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks recommended for guests in for transportation vehicules
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.