Whitewater Adventure Classic Boats
This is the classic whitewater rafting trip experience down the Grand Canyon of the Snake River. It doesn't take all day, but you'll wish it did. The rapids are fun and the calm sections of river let you relax and enjoy the scenery all around you. There are non-paddling and paddling positions in this raft all watched over by an experienced whitewater rafting guide. River Class I-III (easy to moderate).
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional River Guide
- Transportation to and from the river
- Paddling pants and jacket
- Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD)
- Entry/Admission - Snake River
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (it is customary to tip your guide and bus driver)
- Gear Rentals (wet suits, booties and jackets are available for rental)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wet suits are $10.00 to rent. Wet suit jackets are $5.00 to rent.
- CHECK-IN & TRANSPORTATION:
This whitewater rafting trip requires check-in 30 minutes prior to launch time. The standard check-in location is at the Mad River office located at 1255 S HWY 89, just 2 miles south of town. Transportation from the Mad River boat house to the river and back is provided on every Mad River trip.
RAFT TRIP DETAILS:
This trip launches from West Table Boat Ramp in the Snake River Canyon and winds its way south toward Alpine, WY. You'll travel 8 river miles from start to finish. There are about 8 sets of rapids, ranging from class I and II to class III. Various river features will be encountered, such as Lunch counter and Big Kahuna rapids, Million Dollar Fishing Hole, Gauging Straights and Bailing Straights. Your whitewater rafting guide will share information on the history of the area as well as teach you about the local flora and fauna.
The Snake River Canyon is rich in geological history and your whitewater rafting guide will point out some of the features that make this canyon unique. You might see river otters, osprey and bald eagles on your trip. The lucky few might even catch a glimpse of a mountain goat, a mule deer, an elk or even a grizzly or black bear.
This trip features our standard size raft. This raft is an AIRE inflatable, self-bailing, 18'3" raft. It seats 16 people but we average 10 to 12 guests per boat. There are non-paddling and paddling positions in this raft
Departure Point :1255 US-89, Jackson, WY 83001, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear shoes that can get wet that will not fall off your feet. An old pair of running shoes or water shoes would be your best option. You must wear footwear in the raft, so we do have booties available for rent if you do not have footwear. Sizes run 2 – 15 and can be rented upon arrival for $5.00 per pair.
- Please wear synthetic clothing if possible and bring layers. Synthetics are best for the river because they dry faster than cotton. A bathing suit underneath shorts and a t-shirt is fine for a nice, warm, summer day.
- Conditions can be variable; you may experience a cold day on the river. (Not to worry, it will still be a lot of fun. You just have to dress appropriately!)
- We have wet suits & wet suit jackets available for rent. Wet suits are $10.00 to rent. Wet suit jackets are $5.00 to rent.
- Splash gear is complimentary. On a cold day, you’ll want a bathing suit to wear under the wet suit.
- Bring a change of dry clothes and a towel!
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat are highly recommended.
- Gratuity not included.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.