Whitewater and Wildlife Rafting Class 2-3 Balsa River from La Fortuna
Paddle through Class II and III rapids on this fun white water rafting tour down the Balsa River in Costa Rica. On this 2-hour trip downriver, your guide will lead you through the easy and exciting rapids that flow through Costa Rica rainforest. Keep an eye on the land and sky for monkeys, sloths, and birds. After rafting, reward your efforts with a scrumptious lunch at the famous Hunters and Gatherers restaurant next to the El Salto Swimming Hole and waterfall. Bonus: If you want to hang out later at the swimming hole, no worries. Hotel transport to and from La Fortuna area hotels and lodging is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Photographer (photos available for purchase)
- Use of safety equipment
What's excluded :
Enjoy an amazing day rafting on one of the best family-friendly rivers int all of Costa Rica! The Río Balsa is located about 45 minutes from La Fortuna and offers exciting class 2-3 rafting and plenty of wildlife. A great adventure activity from La Fortuna.
• Desafio Adventure Company, 1 Kilometer South of the Redondel Río Fortuna - El Salto, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, 21010, Costa Rica
• Arenal Volcano National Park 21007 Costa Rica
Departure Point :Desafio Adventure Company, 1 Kilometer South of the Redondel Río Fortuna - El Salto, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, 21010, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
If you are staying at an AirBnB or rental home, please be sure to send us the exact location and GPS. We have an extra transport charge for hotels outside of our normal pick-up zone.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for people over 65
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Ask about our "Pure Private - Pura Vida" upgrades to make your tour completely PRIVATE. We also have locally-handmade, 3-ply fabric masks and plastic masks for sale. Let us know if there is anything we can assist with for making your travels as safe & comfortable as possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.