Whitewater Rafting Naranjo River from Manuel Antonio Class III-IV
The Naranjo River is a Class III/IV half day challenge for more experienced paddlers. The Naranjo River drops steeply from the coastal mountain range above Quepos through a beautiful jungle gorge, and takes you on a wild ride to sea level, passing nearby farmlands and palm plantations. The river banks are overgrown with jungle and the canyon walls meet the water at 90 degree angles. The whitewater, jungle, canyon, and sky, make for an unforgettable day. For the advanced rafter, this is an exciting and refreshing ride through the Naranjo canyon. As well, if you are a first time paddler who welcomes a challenge and is looking for the excitement of big waves, hydraulics and stunning scenery, then this whitewater rafting trip is for you!
It includes meals, bilingual guides, safety kayak, photographer (pictures available for purchase), and A/C transportation to and from hotels or houses in Manuel Antonio or Quepos.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Use of helmet
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amigos Del Rio, Km 2 on the road to Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica
We will pick you up from your hotel or house in Manuel Antonio or Quepos, and bring you to our office where you will sign in, eat a meal (breakfast or lunch, depending on time of the tour), and then you will ride to the river put in. Once you arrive at the river, you will be fitted with life jackets, paddles, and helmets and then the guides will give a safety talk before entering the river. The time spent rafting is approximately 1.5 hours. The trip will finish, you will get into the vans and head back to our office. The morning tour will include lunch after the tour.
Departure Point :Amigos del Rio, Puntarenas Province, Quepos, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick up in all Manuel Antonio and Quepos Area Airports
- Quepos Airport, Quepos Costa Rica
- Marina Pez Vela, Provincia de Puntarenas, Quepos, Costa Rica
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Dress code: swimsuit, towel, change of clothes, water shoes, tennis shoes or sandals with ankle straps. No flip flops.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A minimum of 4 people per booking for the 11:30AM tour is required
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Largest lifejacket fits a size 52" chest
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.